- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Vega Long Neck Banjo
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J09468 000000000 J09468000000000
Pete Seeger invented the long neck banjo when he decided to have a luthier cut his neck and insert 3 additional frets into the length of it. Instead ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
The voice of 60s folk music.
Pete Seeger invented the long neck banjo when he decided to have a luthier cut his neck and insert 3 additional frets into the length of it. Instead of tuning the newly revised banjo in G, he was able to tune it to an E (Tuned E,B,E,G#,B) which allowed him to sing in that lower key. A capo can be put on at the third fret and the banjo can be played in standard G tuning. With 3 extra frets, this low tuned (E) banjo not only sounds beautiful as a solo instrument, but it accompanies the voice with a deep, full and sparkling sound.
The Vega Long Neck is made with Deering's hand made, classic Tubaphone tone-ring. The solid brass bracket band is hand fitted to the violin grade three-ply rim. This pot design gives the Vega Long Neck Banjo a round full tone that sustains with a pure and clear sparkle.
Whether you want to re-create the folk music of the 1960's or musically travel into unexplored banjo territory or simply have a superb instrument to accompany vocals, the Vega Long Neck banjo will provide the versatile, sweet, beautiful banjo voice that has inspired generations of singers and players with its sparkling, deep and full sound; This banjo is one of the true classics of the 20th century and the new millennium.
- Incredible sound and projection
- Great for vocal accompaniment
- Many tuning options
- Hardshell case included
Order today and vault across the decades.
- Walnut Stained Maple
- Traditional Vega Neck Shape
- Adjustable Truss Rod
- 25 Glued in Nickel Silver Frets
- Natural Ebony Fingerboard
- Ivoroid Binding
- Bone Nut
- High Gloss Finish
- 3-ply Violin Grade Maple Rim
- Genuine Vega Tubaphone Tone Ring
- Brass Bracket Band & Shoes
- Deering Brass Notched Tension Hoop
- Frosted Top Medium Crown Head
- 24 Round Hooks and 5/16³ hex nuts
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Includes a Deering Long Neck Hardshell Case
- Deep, balanced, full, round and sparkling tone with responsiveness, and power.
- E,B,E,G#,B in standard E tuning
- Can be Capoed at 3rd fret for G tuning
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Neck Width at the Nut: 1 1/4³
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge: 32 7/64³
- Diameter: 11³
- Overall Instrument Length: 43 1/2³
- Warranty: Thetrust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence togrant every owner of a Deering banjo a Lifetime Warranty ensuring thequality of our materials and workmanship
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.