- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Alvarez MF60OM Masterworks Series Folk Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L68783 000000000 L68783000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Alvarez created the MF60OM to offer a high-quality all-solid folk/OM guitar with exceptional tone and value. The MF60OM is perfect for any player loo...Click To Read More About This Product
Exceptional tone and value.
Alvarez created the MF60OM to offer a high-quality all-solid folk/OM guitar with exceptional tone and value. The MF60OM is perfect for any player looking for an outstanding instrument that is well balanced and reliable.
Players of all styles and musical tastes in need of a great sounding and playable guitar, look no further. The sound is clear and balanced, with an articulate voicing and a very musical tone.
Nothing can really match a guitar made from all-solid wood. The deflection of the notes is quicker, the quality of the sound is better, you can obtain optimal response and the sound of your guitar will improve as it ages.
The term “all solid” of course refers to the guitar top, back and sides being made of solid wood rather than laminated.
However, just because the guitar is made of all solid tonewood, it only performs to its full potential when it is designed to get the best out of its materials and components. As the tops used in Masterworks are very high quality Alvarez can make them a little thinner to heighten vibration. The radius of both the top and back are also refined to help increase volume.
Each guitar is designed to get the best out if its components, and for them to work together. These components include the FST2 bracing system, bi-level rosewood/pau ferro extended bridge, real bone nut and saddle, carefully seasoned tonewood and a thin finish.
FST2 is a forward shifted X brace design, this means the axis of the X is closer to the sound hole and therefore creates a larger soundboard area allowing for more energy and vibration to be harnessed. Both the X braces and asymmetric tone bars are carefully scalloped. The scalloping design was the result of years of continual development in the Yairi workshops.
The Masterworks personality is open and powerful. FST2 also creates very good balance so both the treble and bass registers are clearly present and balanced in relation to each other. All of tops are selected by a team and graded independently of suppliers. If it isn’t worthy, they won’t use it. Top quality in Masterworks is at least AA grade.
Along with a more angled headstock, the bi-level bridge increases string tension by making the break angel of the strings from the saddle to the top more acute. Improved string tension adds to the sound, feel and response, which are also heightened by the use of real bone nuts and saddles.
Masterworks Series also demonstrates great finishing capabilities; the gloss models have a clear deep shine from a finish that is applied as thinly as possible, again to help optimize tone.
Grab the affordable model that will grow with you. Order today.
- Body type: OM/Folk
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Solid AAA Sitka spruce
- Back & sides: Solid African mahogany
- Bracing pattern: FST-Blues
- Body finish: Natural/Gloss
- Neck shape: Shallow V to C
- Nut width: 1-3/4" (44.45mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood/Pau Ferro with12th Fret Inlay
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 24-13/16" (630mm)
- Number of frets: 21
- Neck finish: Semi Gloss
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Headstock overlay: Rosewood/Pau ferro
- Tuning machines: Open Gear
- Bridge: Bi-Level rosewood/Pau ferro
- Saddle & nut: Real Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: Herringbone inlay, vintage style
- Tortoiseshell Pickguard
- Case: Alvarez hardshell
- Country of origin: China
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.