Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Charvel Guthrie Govan Signature HSH Flame Maple Electric Electric Naturaltrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Charvel Guthrie Govan Signature HSH Flame Maple Electric Electric Natural$3,299.99
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Loaded with special features and high performance appointments.
For this year, Chavel is offering new incarnations of Govan’s models, including the Guthrie Govan Signature HSH Flame Maple.
This 25.5 in. scale guitar offers a caramelized basswood San Dimas body with a gorgeous flame maple top with a thin satin urethane finish and a specially contoured heel (sans neck plate) for easy access to the upper reaches of the fingerboard. The bolt-on neck is two-piece flame maple with a "caramelized" heat and drying treatment that makes it sound and feel much older, with graphite reinforcement, hand-rubbed urethane gel on the back of the neck and a convenient truss rod adjustment wheel at the body end.
Most unusually for a San Dimas model, the 12 - 16 in. compound-radius flame maple fingerboard spans two octaves, with the same caramelized treatment as the neck, 24 jumbo stainless steel frets and special maple dot inlays with ebony borders, as well as Luminlay side-dots that emit light for the darkest of stages.
Other premium features include three specially wound Charvel custom MF pickups arranged in a versatile HSH configuration with five-way switching for the expansive tonal openness and dynamic sensitivity that Govan demands, a 2-way mini toggle switch to engage single-coil simulation in bridge and neck humbucker positions, two Luminlay numbered dome control knobs (master volume, master tone), U.S.-made recessed Charvel locking tremolo bridge with Tremol-No unit and oversized brass block, bone nut and chrome hardware.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Bird's Eye Maple
- Body wood: Basswood
- Body finish: Satin Urethane
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Speed neck
- Neck wood: 2-piece Maple with graphite reinforcement
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Hand-rubbed Urethane Gel
- Material: Caramelized 2-piece Maple with graphite reinforcement
- Radius: Compound
- Fret size: Jumbo Stainless
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.687 in. (42.8 mm)
- Configuration: HSH
- Neck: Custom MF Humbucking
- Middle: Custom MF Single-coil
- Bridge: Custom MF Humbucking
- Brand: Charvel
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: None
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: 5-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: U.S.-Made Recessed Charvel Locking Tremolo Bridge
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Sperzel locking
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Electronics
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Find your place in the sun. Order today.
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.