Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Epiphone Hummingbird Studio Acoustic-Electric Guitar Ebonytrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
A country/rock classic in elegant black.
The Epiphone Hummingbird Studio acoustic-electric guitar brings the legendary country/rock "Hummingbird" into the 21st century with a Fishman Sonitone preamp and Fishman Sonicore pickup.
First introduced in 1960, the square shouldered Hummingbird quickly became a classic thanks to Keith Richards of The Rolling Stones, who used a Hummingbird for rhythm on early Stones hits like "Satisfaction," "Play With Fire," and "Under My Thumb." There are also many classic photographs of Keith using a Hummingbird on sessions for Exile on Main Street, Goat's Head Soup, and Sticky Fingers. Today, the Hummingbird Studio is still a go-to acoustic for rockers like Noel Gallagher, Sheryl Crow and Kid Rock when they need a rhythm guitar with smooth action and superb "woody" tone that's full of character.
On its own, the Hummingbird Studio acoustic/electric can drive an all-acoustic band or be front and center at a picking party with its sweet, balanced tone. Now with the Fishman Sonitone preamp and Fishman Sonicore pickup, the Hummingbird Studio can plug-in and hold its own on any size stage, offering natural, dynamic tone with discrete soundhole control of volume and tone.
Solid Spruce Tonewood
The Hummingbird Studio acoustic/electric features a solid spruce top. Spruce is a rich and complex tonewood that begins to breathe and improve with age. The more you play, the better it sounds. The body and neck are made from select mahogany. The Hummingbird Studio neck has a classic SlimTaper D profile and features a 24.75" scale and is attached to the body with a glued-in dovetail joint. The rosewood fingerboard has pearloid parallelogram inlays, 20 medium frets, a 12" radius, and a 1.68" nut. There is single-ply white binding on the fingerboard and 5-ply white-and-black binding on the body top while the back of the body has single-ply white binding. The Hummingbird Studio has the classic sloped dovewing headstock with the "Epiphone" logo in white.
The Hummingbird Studio acoustic/electric's reverse belly rosewood bridge has a compensated saddle for smooth action and intonation, and the classic Hummingbird/flower tortoiseshell-style pickguard is easy to spot on stage or across a room.
- Top: Solid spruce
- Body: Select mahogany
- Neck: Select mahogany
- Neck Profile: SlimTaper "D" Profile
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard: Radius 12"
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Binding: Fingerboard 1-ply (white), body top 5-ply (white/black), body back 1-ply (white)
- Fingerboard Inlay: Pearloid parallelogram
- Scale: 24.75"
- Frets: 20, medium frets
- Nut: 1.68"
- Bridge: Rosewood, reverse belly
- Saddle: Compensated, imitation bone
- Pickguard: Imitation Tortoise with traditional Hummingbird artwork
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Grover 14:1
- Electronics: Fishman Sonitone preamp with Fishman Sonicore pickup
- Controls: Master volume, treble EQ, bass EQ
- Case sold separately
Enjoy the new acoustic-electric sound of this timeless classic. Order today.
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.