- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Epiphone Les Paul Special Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L72540 000001000 L72540000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Epiphone Les Paul Special is part of Epiphone’s “Inspired by Gibson” collection of instruments. Originally introduced in 1955, the Special was (a...Click To Read More About This Product
Solidbody Electric with Mahogany Body, Mahogany Neck, Indian Laurel Fretboard, 2 Single-Coil Pickups
The Epiphone Les Paul Special is part of Epiphone’s “Inspired by Gibson” collection of instruments. Originally introduced in 1955, the Special was (and is) an upgrade to the Junior. Sharing the same slab mahogany construction, it adds a second P-90 pickup. If you’re looking for a solidbody with tones steeped in the past, but versatile enough for the future, we think the Epiphone Les Paul Special is worthy contender.
Powered by P-90SEpiphone outfitted the Special with 2 soap bar Pro P-90 pickups that match the sonic signature of Seth Lover’s originals. They emphasize thick mid-range tones, but are transparent enough to respond to your attack, whether you pick with force, or more delicately with your fingers. Expect the bite of a single-coil and the punch of a ‘bucker. We think your ears will be pleased.
Mahogany slab constructionThe Les Paul Special has been made of mahogany for over 6 decades, and Epiphone knows there’s no reason to alter a winning formula. The slab body will feel equally solid in your hands, and look great, too, thanks to its gloss finish.
Updated HeadstockThe Special’s mahogany neck has an updated headstock design called the ’60s Kalamazoo. It comes close to the classic Gibson open-book shape, but doesn’t ape it. The neck has sizeable but not too chunky vintage ’50s profile. The Indian Laurel fretboard has a 12" radius and is bound with cream binding.
This is the Les Paul Special to get for Gibson features at Epiphone prices
With a mahogany body and two Pro P-90s, the Les Paul Special is a guitar without bells and whistles and it doesn’t need them—over six decades with the same design proves it. We think the Epiphone Les Paul Special is a great player, a solid value and one you should check out.
- • Mahogany body
- • Mahogany neck with Vintage '50s profile, Indian laurel fretboard
- • Dual Soap Bar Pro P90 single coil pickups
- • Lightning Bar wraparound bridge, Deluxe Vintage Ivory button tuners, Graph Tech nut
Go classic with a Les Paul Special. Order today.
- Slab mahogany body—just like the original from 1955
- Mahogany neck set into the body—just like the original from 1955
- A Gibson standard 14.75" scale length and 12” profile
- 2 soap bar Pro P-90 pickups offer a variety of classic tones
- Dual volume and tone controls, 3-way toggle pickup selector
- Lightning Bar wraparound bridge for maximum resonance
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.