- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500MCE Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #423559 000001000 423559000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500MCE guitar combines traditional construction methods and features with premium all-solid tonewoods to bring you a new-v...Click To Read More About This Product
All-solid wood for higher-end acoustic guitar tone and performance.
The Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500MCE guitar combines traditional construction methods and features with premium all-solid tonewoods to bring you a new-vintage electric guitar with deep, rich lows, shimmering highs, and just the right amount of mids. While many other guitars in this price class use pressed backs, spliced neck joints, and even artificial wood backs and sides, you can be assured that this Epiphone guitar holds true to its all-solid wood promise.
The DR-500MCE features a solid Sitka spruce top, hand-scalloped Sitka spruce braces, mahogany kerfing, a 25-1/2"-scale rosewood fingerboard, and a rosewood bridge. Players looking for vintage tone and vibe will appreciate the handcrafted dovetail neck joint and hide-glue construction. The Epiphone DR-500MCE guitar has solid mahogany back and sides, as well as a 20-fret, hand-shaped mahogany neck that joins the body at the 14th fret, which is adorned with carefully cut, split-diamond pearl fretboard inlays. As with all Masterbilts, the Epiphone electric guitar features a vintage-style offset headstock with a stickpin inlay.
While the Epiphone DR-500MCE sounds great unplugged, it really comes alive when plugged in thanks to the eSonic2 preamp system. Made in cooperation with Shadow Germany, the eSonic2 preamp features a built-in, easy-to-use tuner. When engaged, the Epiphone guitar's output is automatically muted-with no popping noise-making it a perfect choice for stage use. You can even push in the tuner button and unplug the guitar without a loud pop. Other controls on this state-of-the-art preamp include Master Volume, NanoFlex Tone, NanoMag Tone, Stereo Blend, Low Battery indicator, and a Phase switch to help eliminate unwanted feedback. The preamp uses two 2032 lithium watch batteries that are not only lightweight, but also provide significantly longer life than old-fashioned, heavy 9V batteries.
Under the bone saddle is Shadow's proprietary NanoFlex, a low-impedance pickup. Not a piezo, this unique flexible sensing material features integrated active electronics inside the Epiphone electric guitar that pick up string, top and body vibrations for a truly acoustic tone without the traditional harshness of a piezo. Complimenting the NanoFlex is the revolutionary NanoMag pickup mounted at the harmonic-rich, end of the fingerboard. Exclusively from Shadow, the NanoMag features 3 Samarian-Cobalt magnets and an integrated active circuit to capture all the highs and lows, including a wide range of harmonics. With your choice of either a 1/4" mono output blending both pickups, or a 1/4" stereo output splitting the two pickups, the Epiphone Masterbilt guitar pickup gives you incredible flexibility and the opportunity to create the perfect acoustic tone live.
Other features on the Epiphone Masterbilt acoustic-electric guitar include quality vintage-style machine heads; bone nut and saddle; imitation tortoise pickguard; nickel hardware; and a bound body, neck, and headstock.
Check the drop-down menu to the right to select colors and/or other options.
- Glued-in, dove-tail, hide-glue neck joint
- Mother-of-pearl split-diamond fingerboard inlays
- Shadow NanoMag neck pickup
- Shadow NanoFlex bridge pickup
- eSonic2 preamp with built-in tuner, stereo output, master volume pot, NanoMag EQ Pot, NanoFlex EQ pot, phase anti-feedback switch, electronic tuner activation with output mute switch,
- 6-ply body, 1-ply neck, 3-ply headstock binding
- Medium frets
- Nickel hardware
Order this beauty today.
- Body type: Dreadnought
- Cutaway: Single
- Top wood: Solid Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: Solid Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Hand-scalloped X
- Body finish: Matte Natural
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: SlimTaper D
- Nut width: 1.68" (42.67 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Shadow
- Configuration: Sidemounted preamp
- Preamp EQ: 3-band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Tuner: Yes
- Headstock overlay: Not specified
- Tuning machines: Epiphone vintage-style 18:1 ratio
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Saddle and nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: Tonewoods
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.