Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
EVH Striped Series Frankie Electric Guitar Red with Black and White Stripes Relictrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Relic electric guitar modeled after Eddie Van Halen's legendary "Frankenstein."
Sporting Eddie’s famed red paint job with black and white stripes, the Striped Series Frankie sports a worn-in reliced look. In addition to wear-and-tear marks, the guitar also sports the idiosyncratic details that gave Frankenstein its name, including the dummy Strat pickup in the neck position, the tilted bridge humbucker, master volume knob labeled "tone" and the pickguard with mismatched holes.
But don’t be distracted by the looks—this guitar is meant to be played. Frankie features a basswood Stratocaster-style body paired to a graphite-reinforced quartersawn maple neck. An oiled finish on the back of the neck allows for hours of playing comfort, while the 12–16” compound radius maple fingerboard with 22 jumbo frets was designed for fast and furious playing styles. Routed for an HSS pickup configuration just like Eddie’s original, Frankie features an EVH Wolfgang humbucking bridge pickup, direct mount, run through a single volume control knob for pure sound. In addition to the dummy Strat neck pickup, there is a dummy five-way blade housed in the middle position. A sturdy and dependable EVH-branded Floyd Rose locking trem and Floyd Rose locking nut work in tandem for precise tuning even with extreme changes in pitch, while the EVH D-Tuna retunes to drop-D and back with strict accuracy at the flick of a finger.
With unmistakable looks and simple, pure sound, this Frankie tribute deserves a special place in any collection.
- Relic electric guitar modeled after Eddie Van Halen's "Frankenstein"
- Frankie details include dummy Strat neck pickup and five-way blade
- Basswood body with striped finish, relic'd with cosmetic wear and tear
- Graphite-reinforced maple neck and fingerboard
- EVH D-Tuna system allows easy flipping into Drop-D and back
- Single open-coil EVH Wolfgang humbucker bridge pickup for pure sound
- Floyd Rose locking tremolo system
- Custom black Frankie pickguard with trademark mismatched holes
- Master volume knob, deliberately mislabeled "tone" to match original
Own a fitting tribute to a legendary guitar. Order now.
Striped Series Frankie Electric Guitar Specifications:Body
- Body shape: Double Cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Body wood: Basswood
- Neck wood: Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Truss rod: Carbon Graphite
- Neck finish: Oil
- Material: Maple
- Radius: Compound
- Fret size: Jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width/material: 1.687" (42.8 mm)
- Configuration: H
- Bridge: Proprietary Open Coil Humbucker
- Control layout: Master volume
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: Locking 2-point tremolo
- Tailpiece: Vibrato
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Orientation: Right handed
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.