- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
EVH Wolfgang Special Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Product K90846
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Road-tested in arenas around the world, the Wolfgang Special is a purebred music-making machine, designed with stunning style, giant sound and high-s...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
An incredible looking and fantastic playing guitar engineered by one of the Rock's greatest innovators.
Road-tested in arenas around the world, the Wolfgang Special is a purebred music-making machine, designed with stunning style, giant sound and high-speed playability.
The Wolfgang Special features a basswood body with an arched top and a robust graphite-reinforced bolt-on quartersawn maple neck, carved and rolled to Eddie Van Halen’s exacting specifications and with a handrubbed urethane back finish. Primed for high performance, energetic riffing and blazing leads, its 12 -16” compound radius ebony fingerboard has 22 jumbo frets and pearloid dot inlays. Truss rod adjustments have also never been easier thanks to a spoke wheel conveniently located at the base of the neck.
A pair of flagship custom designed EVH Wolfgang Alnico 2 humbucking pickups are mounted directly to the body, providing dynamic yet articulate voicing, as well as endless sustain for powerful chords and melody lines. A sturdy and dependable EVH-branded Floyd Rose locking tremolo and Floyd
Rose locking nut work in tandem for precise tuning even with extreme changes in pitch, while the EVH D-Tuna retunes to drop-D and back with strict accuracy at the flick of a finger, with a low-friction volume control for smooth swells and a high-friction tone control that prevents accidental tone shifting.
Spotlight-ready, the Wolfgang Special is offered in three new eyecatching finishes. The Candy Apple Red Metallic and Ivory models feature attractive single-ply cream body binding and chrome hardware, while the Satin Orange Crush model offers single-ply black body binding and black hardware.
- Basswood body, arched top
- Bolt-on quartersawn maple neck, 12”-16” compound radius, Ebony fingerboard with 22 jumbo frets
- 2 EVH Wolfgang Alnico 2 humbucking pickups
- EVH-branded Floyd Rose locking tremolo and locking nut, EVH D-Tuna
Get the guitar designed by the most influential guitarist of the past 40 years. Order today.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material:
- Top wood:
- Body wood: Basswood
- Body finish: Satin
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: EVH
- Neck wood: Quartersawn Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Truss rod: spoke wheel
- Neck finish: Hand-rubbed
- Material: Ebony
- Radius: Compound
- Fret size: Jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.62 in. (41.3 mm)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: Wolfgang
- Bridge: Wolfgang
- Brand: EVH
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics:
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split:
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: Floyd Rose with EVH D-Tuna
- Tuning machines: EVH
- Color: Black
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features:
- Country of origin: Mexico
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.