- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fender 70th Anniversary Esquire Maple Fingerboard Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #L72239 000002000 L72239000002000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The very first solid-body electric guitar offered by Fender in 1950 was the Esquire. With an elegant single-cutaway silhouette, adjustable 3-saddle b...Click To Read More About This Product
Some designs are simply timeless.
The very first solid-body electric guitar offered by Fender in 1950 was the Esquire. With an elegant single-cutaway silhouette, adjustable 3-saddle bridge and a lone, repurposed lap-steel pickup in the bridge position–the Esquire laid the groundwork for all solid body electric guitars to follow and foreshadowed its more famous sibling, the Telecaster.
Like the earliest Esquire models, the 70th Anniversary Esquire features a pine body–a lightweight wood known for punchy and complex tone–and upgrades it with our roasting treatment, greatly improving the resonance of the body. Other features include a lacquer finish, thick “U”-shaped neck, Tim Shaw-designed Esquire bridge pickup–inspired by an original ’50 Esquire from Songbirds Museum in Chattanooga, TN–special anniversary neck plate and tweed hardshell case.
Production of the 70th Anniversary Esquire will be limited to 2020 only.
- Roasted pine body
- One-piece maple neck with 7.25” radius fingerboard and 21 vintage-tall frets
- Tim Shaw Designed Esquire bridge pickup
- Esquire Tone Circuit
- Custom neckplate, COA and embroidered hardshell case
Celebrate 70 years of solidbodies. Order your Anniversary Esquire today.
- Body Type: Single Cutaway Solid Body
- Body wood: Roasted pine
- Body finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck shape: Pattern U
- Neck wood: Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Truss rod: Vintage
- Neck finish: Nitrocellulose lacquer
- Material: Maple
- Radius: 7.25"
- Fret size: Vintage-style
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width/material: 1.687 in. (42.8 mm) Bone
- Configuration: S
- Bridge: Proprietary Single Coil
- Control layout: Master volume Master tone
- Pickup switch: 3-Way
- Special electronics: Custom wiring
- Bridge type: Fixed Bridge
- Bridge design: Barrel saddle
- Tailpiece: String thru body
- Tuning machines: Vintage-style Split-shaft
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Case: Hardshell Case
- Orientation: Right handed
- Country of Origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Our product catalog varies by country due to manufacturer restrictions. If you change the Ship-To country, some or all of the items in your cart may not ship to the new destination.