- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fender Custom Shop '59 Journeyman Jazzmaster Rosewood Fingerboard Electric Guitar
Faded 3-Color Sunburst
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #L42552 000001000 L42552000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Designed expressly for jazzers (but adopted by surfers) and introduced in 1958, the Jazzmaster combined refined looks with a warm, mellifluous voice ...Click To Read More About This Product
The jazz guitar that became a surf and punk icon.
Designed expressly for jazzers (but adopted by surfers) and introduced in 1958, the Jazzmaster combined refined looks with a warm, mellifluous voice and new tremolo system. The 1959 Jazzmaster Rosewood Journeyman recreates this influential model that helped define new musical genres, with a few twists for contemporary players. The two-piece alder body sports the iconic offset curves designed for guitarists who usually played seated, and also wears a Journeyman Relic lacquer finish, giving it the look and feel of a guitar that’s survived over five decades of playing. The tinted, riftsawn maple neck sports a period-accurate ’62 Jazzmaster-shaped profile, while the rosewood fingerboard has been updated to 9.5”-radius and holds 21 6105 frets. Tied together with ultra-flexible, vintage-style Jazzmaster wiring—including the famous “lead/rhythm” circuit, complete with thumbwheel controls—the Hand-Wound Jazzmaster single-coil pickups sound mellow and fat; the model’s calling card.
Other features include a 1-ply Gold anodized pickguard, RSD J-Bridge with brass saddles for extra warmth, vintage-style tuning machines, bone nut and round string tree. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and Certificate of Authenticity.
If you're interested in any of our custom shop, limited-run or other premium instruments, we encourage you to call and talk with one of our knowledgeable, well-trained staff for more detailed information about any specific guitar.
- Journeyman Relic-finished solid alder body
- 25.5"-scale rift-sawn maple neck with rosewood fingerboard
- Hand-wound Custom Shop Jazzmaster pickups
- Vintage-style bridge and tuners
Own the recreation of an American original. Order yours now.
- Body: Alder
- Finish: Lacquer
- Neck: Maple Rift Sawn with Rosewood Fingerboard with a 1962 Jazzmaster Shape and 9.5” (241 mm) Radius
- Frets: 21, 6105 Narrow Jumbo
- Hardware: Nickel/Chrome Bridge RSD Jaguar®/Jazzmaster®
- Pickups: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Single-Coil Jazzmaster® (Bridge), Custom Shop Hand-Wound Single-Coil Jazzmaster® (Neck)
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Included: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap, Certificate of Authenticity"
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.