Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
David Gilmour Signature Stratocaster Electric Guitarfalse false
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.
Beautiful, powerful, unique, and as idiosyncratic as Gilmour's playing.
A cornerstone of Pink Floyd's incomparably revolutionary sound, Gilmour's Black Strat is featured extensively on The Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals, The Wall and his critically acclaimed 2006 solo effort, On An Island. The Fender Custom Shop worked hand-in-hand with Gilmour and his longtime guitar technician, Phil Taylor, to create this signature model instrument, a detailed reproduction of the Black Strat-complete in its unmistakable look, sound, and feel.
The David Gilmour Signature Strat comes with a custom Fender guitar case, an Evidence high-end guitar cable and Gilmour's three-disc Live in Gdansk CD/DVD set.
Check the drop-down menu to the right to select colors and/or other options.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body wood: Alder
- Body finish: Nitrocellulose
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Reissue C
- Neck wood: 1-piece Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish:
- Material: Maple
- Radius: 7.25 in.
- Fret size: Vintage-style
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.675 in. (42.5 mm) TUSQ
- Configuration: SSS
- Neck: Custom Hand-Wound Fat '50s Strat
- Middle: Custom Wound Strat
- Bridge: Seymour Duncan SSL-5
- Brand: Fender Custom shop
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics:
- Control layout: Master volume, tone 1, tone 2
- Pickup switch: 5-way with two-way toggle that adds activates neck pickup to the middle and bridge positions
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: Vintage Stratocaster with Custom shortened vintage tremelo arm
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Vintage
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Signature model, Electronics, Special three-beveled vintage tremolo block, custom shortened vintage tremolo arm, two-way toggle activates neck pickup in the middle and bridge positions
- Case: Hardshell case, Special center pocket black Tolex case with crushed green lining, "David Gilmour" embroidered on interior
- Accessories: Evidence Audio guitar cable
- Country of origin: United States
Explore new horizons with this special Strat. Order today.
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.