- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fender Custom Shop Ritchie Blackmore Tribute Stratocaster
- Product H95355
For more than 40 years now, Ritchie Blackmore's famously forceful G-minor blues riff in 1972 Deep Purple classic "Smoke on the Water" has served as t...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A beautiful recreation of the '68 model on which "Smoke on the Water" was first played.
For more than 40 years now, Ritchie Blackmore's famously forceful G-minor blues riff in 1972 Deep Purple classic "Smoke on the Water" has served as the quintessential heavy rock guitar riff and a metal-melody primer for burgeoning rock guitarists everywhere. Its place in rock history is as solid as the stature of the guitarist who played it.
The Ritchie Blackmore Tribute Stratocaster takes you back in time and back to the shores of Switzerland's Lake Geneva, where the smoke from the burning Montreux Casino drifted over the waters on Dec. 4, 1971, as the building was destroyed. That night, the members of Deep Purple watched the "fire in the sky" from their hotel and drew inspiration for a timeless rock classic. Blackmore played the song's powerful double-stop riff on a black 1968 Stratocaster®, not knowing at the time that he was creating an archetypal guitar figure that would be eagerly imitated by legions of guitarists.
The Fender Custom Shop Ritchie Blackmore Tribute Stratocaster has a two-piece alder body with a lightly worn Black urethane finish, a "U"-shaped maple neck, 7.25"-radius maple fingerboard with medium jumbo frets, and custom '68 Stratocaster pickups hand wound by Fender legend Abigail Ybarra. Other distinctive features include three-way pickup switching, Schaller® tuners, four-bolt neck plate stamped with the serial number and the stylized Fender "F," and a vintage-style synchronized tremolo equipped with Blackmore's distinctive custom ¼" trem arm.
Each instrument also includes an exclusive tribute decal on the back of the headstock, certificate of authenticity and orange-lined black-textured vinyl case with the "Fender amp" logo.
- 2-piece alder body with a lightly worn Black urethane finish
- "U"-shaped maple neck
- 7.25"-radius maple fingerboard with medium jumbo frets
- Custom '68 Stratocaster pickups hand-wound by Fender legend Abigail Ybarra
- 3-way pickup switching
- Schaller tuners
- Four-bolt neck plate stamped with serial number and stylized Fender "F"
- Vintage-style synchronized tremolo equipped with Blackmore's distinctive custom ¼" trem arm
- Includes an orange-lined black textured vinyl case with the "Fender amp" logo
Grab a guitar that will inspire you. Order today.
- Body Material: Select Alder
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Body Finish: Urethane
- Neck Shape: Custom œU
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1mm)
- Neck Material: Plain-Grain Maple
- Neck Finish: Urethane
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648mm)
- Headstock: Large '70s Style
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt "F" Stamped
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Bridge Pickup: Custom '68 Hand-Wound Single-Coil Strat
- Middle Pickup: Custom '68 Hand-Wound Single-Coil Strat
- Neck Pickup: Custom '68 Hand-wound Single-Coil Strat
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Middle Pickup, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge/Middle Pickup)
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Bridge: 6-Saddle American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Tuning Machines: Fender® Vintage "F" Stamped
- Tremolo Arm Handle: Custom 1/4" Tremolo Arm
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment