- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fender Custom Shop Stevie Ray Vaughan Signature Stratocaster Relic Electric Guitar
Faded 3-Color Sunburst
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L68090 000001000 L68090000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
If there were a Mount Rushmore of Stratocaster Masters, Stevie Ray Vaughan would be one of the greats enshrined there. Almost single-handedly respons...Click To Read More About This Product
A tribute to one of blues-rock's most legendary guitarists
If there were a Mount Rushmore of Stratocaster Masters, Stevie Ray Vaughan would be one of the greats enshrined there. Almost single-handedly responsible for the electric blues revival of the '80s and '90s, he used his beloved Strat, to blaze his way to the top of the charts. Only the artisans at the Custom Shop could craft this guitar that Vaughan co-designed with us before his untimely passing. It’s one of the most revered guitars in the world, and we’re proud to make it a permanent addition to the Custom Artist Collection.
SRV heavily modified his Strat to match his energetic, yet controlled, playing style. We included a trio of hot, high-output Custom Shop Hand-Wound Texas Special pickups for fiery, authentically Fender tone that’s as big as the Lone Star state. As an homage to his personal hero, Jimi Hendrix (who’s also been known to pick up a Strat) SRV used a left-handed vintage-style synchronized tremolo bridge on his guitar, allowing him to work the tremolo arm with his elbow—a modification we cheerfully recreated. The two-piece body is crafted from alder selected for its weight and grain, and its Relic lacquer finish will age and wear in a distinctly personal way, just like the original. The tinted rift-sawn maple neck has an “Oval C” profile that’s slightly thinner on the treble side, making it easier to bend those strings into the stratosphere — a precise recreation of his favorite guitar’s neck profile.
Other features include closet classic gold hardware, 5-way pickup switching, vintage-style wiring, 3-ply Black “SRV” pickguard, vintage-style tuning machines, rosewood fingerboard, bone nut and wing string tree. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and Certificate of Authenticity.
- Cutaway | Double cutaway
- Top Wood | Alder
- Body Finish | Nitrocellulose
- Orientation | Right Handed
- Neck Shape | Custom oval C
- Fretboard | Rosewood
- Neck Wood | Maple
- Number of Frets | 21
- Tuning Machines | Vintage-style
- Case | Hard Shell Case
- Country of Origin | United States
Call or click to get the guitar that'll be your pride and joy
- Body: Two-piece select alder
- Finish: Nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck: Rift-sawn maple with a special SRV oval “C” shape and 12” (305 mm) radius
- Frets: 21, jumbo
- Hardware: Closet Classic, gold
- Bridge: 6-saddle American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Pickups: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Texas Special single-coil Strat (Bridge, Middle, Neck)
- Wiring: Vintage
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Middle Pickup)
- Included: Deluxe hardshell case, strap, certificate of authenticity
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.