- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fender Parallel Universe Vol. II Uptown Strat Mahogany Neck Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L72255 000001000 L72255000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Uptown Strat is an unusual but highly usable guitar in the Fender Parallel Universe. Part of Fender’s Vol. II collection, the Uptown sports a mah...Click To Read More About This Product
Solidbody Electric Guitar with Mahogany Body, Mahogany Neck, Maple Fretboard and 2 Humbuckers
The Uptown Strat is an unusual but highly usable guitar in the Fender Parallel Universe. Part of Fender’s Vol. II collection, the Uptown sports a mahogany body, two advanced humbuckers and dual volume and tone knobs. White pearloid block inlays and a Cabronita-style pickguard make it clear that this in no ordinary Fender. If you want vintage style with upgraded electronics in one do-it-all guitar, the Parallel Universe Vol. II Uptown Strat might be calling your name.
Humbuckers add versatility to the Uptown StratA pair of Double-Tap humbuckers are the heart of this Strat. Expressive, musical and dynamic, they are capable of both full-throated humbucking and single-coil voices. An S-1 switch activates the coil-split, but bumps up the output. Dual volume and tone controls will give you even more control of your sound. The 3-position pickup toggle sits high on the upper horn.
The Uptown gets a mahogany bodyFender chose mahogany for this slab body, a wood with an even and balance tone—it’s a great foundation for the pickups. The Uptown Strat will age well thanks to its old-school gloss nitro-finish.
A solid neck for a solid foundationThe Uptown Strat has a neck made from a single piece of mahogany, a style that goes back to the earliest electrics. The profile is a ’60s C-shape. We’ve found that the Uptown’s maple fretboard gives a little extra snap, more so when we skip the pick and go fingerstyle. Inlays are white pearloid blocks.
Other signature featuresFender ClassicGear tuners look vintage, but have a high gear ratio for more precise tuning. Knurled flat-top knobs keep up the vintage vibe.
This Strat is a standoutWe think every player needs a Strat in their arsenal. If you’re not there yet, the unique features of the Uptown might just make you a convert. The Fender Parallel Universe Vol. II Uptown Strat comes with a certificate of authenticity and a Surf Green deluxe hardshell case.
- Solid mahogany slab body makes a great platform for pickups
- Comfortable '60s C-shape mahogany body with maple fretboard
- 2 Double Tap humbuckers capable of expressive single-coil sounds
- Dual volume and tone controls, 3-way pickup toggle
- 2-point synchronized tremolo with bent steel saddles
Move up to the Uptown Strat. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.