- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fender Player Stratocaster Pau Ferro Fingerboard Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #L21588 000001000 L21588000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The inspiring sound of this Player Series Stratocaster is one of the foundations of Fender. Featuring this classic sound—bell-like high end, pu...Click To Read More About This Product
Authentic Fender tone with a modern edge.
The inspiring sound of this Player Series Stratocaster is one of the foundations of Fender. Featuring this classic sound—bell-like high end, punchy mids and robust low end, combined with crystal-clear articulation—the Fender Player Stratocaster is packed with authentic Fender feel and style. It’s ready to serve your musical vision, it’s versatile enough to handle any style of music and it’s the perfect platform for creating your own sound. The Fender Player Series Stratocaster replaces the Standard Series Strat, one of the most popular guitars of all time. So, you can imagine that Fender took the design of the Player Strat quite seriously. Fender Player Stratocaster guitars offer several upgrades over their predecessors.
This Mexican Strat model with pau ferro fretboard features three single-coil Fender Player Stratocaster pickups. If you're looking for the HSS version with a humbucker and two single-coil pickups, see the Fender Player Stratocaster HSS with pau ferro fretboard. If you're looking for the HSH configuration with two humbuckers and a single-coil pickup in the middle position, see the Fender Player Stratocaster HSH with pau ferro fretboard. If you're looking for warmer tone and a darker-color fingerboard, you'll find the same pickup variations, SSS, HSS and HSH, available for the Fender Player Stratocaster with maple fretboard.
Respecting heritage while maintaining innovative spirit, the power trio of Player Series single-coil pickups are crisp and articulate—it’s authentic Fender tone with a modern edge. The “Modern C”-shaped maple neck’s comfortable contours and smooth finish are ideal for almost any playing style. By adding a 22nd medium jumbo fret to the contemporary 9.5”-radius fingerboard we’ve made it easier to express yourself musically. The updated 2-point tremolo design has smoother travel for enhanced playing feel while simultaneously giving you rock-solid tuning stability since there’s less friction against the posts.
Other Player Series Strat features include master volume and tone controls, a 5-way pickup switch, 3-ply pickguard, synthetic bone nut, dual-wing string tree, sealed tuning machines and four-bolt “F”-stamped neck plate that marks this instrument as the real deal—as Fender as it gets.
Be sure to check out the complete selection of Fender Player Stratocaster Guitars, or the full assortment of Fender Stratocaster guitars available at Musician's Friend.
- Alder body with gloss finish
- “Modern C"-shaped neck profile, 9.5"-radius pau ferro fingerboard
- Three Player Series single-coil Stratocaster pickups
- 2-point tremolo bridge with bent-steel saddles
Own your tone and create something new with the Player Stratocaster. Order today.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood:
- Body wood: Alder
- Body finish: Gloss Urethane
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Modern C
- Neck wood: Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Satin Urethane
- Material: Pau Ferro
- Radius: 9.5 in.
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.65 in. (42 mm) Synthetic Bone
- Configuration: SSS
- Neck: Alnico single-coil
- Middle: Alnico single-coil
- Bridge: Alnico single-coil
- Brand: Fender
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics:
- Control layout: Master volume, tone 1, tone 2
- Pickup switch: 5-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: 2-point trem with bent steel saddles
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Die-cast sealed
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: '50s Style Spaghetti Logo
- Case: Sold separately
- Country of origin: Mexico
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.