- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Gibson 1936 Advanced Jumbo Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L74349 000001000 L74349000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
During a time when cultural optimism was low, Gibson dreamed up a new line of "advanced" instruments; included in those models was the Advanced Jumbo...Click To Read More About This Product
A Gibson Jumbo acoustic with Thermally Aged red spruce top and rosewood back and sides.
During a time when cultural optimism was low, Gibson dreamed up a new line of "advanced" instruments; included in those models was the Advanced Jumbo. Due to low production numbers from 1936–1939, this model largely flew under the radar even though it was a supreme sounding and performing instrument. The Gibson Acoustic Custom Shop 1936 Advanced Jumbo is outfitted with a Thermally Aged Adirondack red spruce top, mahogany back and sides and premium Waverly tuners. The 1936 Gibson Advanced Jumbo brings back all the tone and prestige that made these sought-after instruments by artists and collectors.
- Thermally Aged red spruce top, rosewood back and sides
- Gibson Historic AJ mahogany neck with compound dovetail neck-to-body joint, rosewood fingerboard with mother-of-pearl diamonds and arrows inlays
- Waverly tuning machines
- Thin nitrocellulose VOS finish
An excellent addition to your acoustic collection. Order today.
- Top wood: Thermally Aged red spruce
- Back & sides: Rosewood
- Bracing pattern: Traditional hand-scalloped Advanced X-bracing, red spruce braces with hide glue
- Finish: Thin nitrocellulose finish, VOS
- Orientation: Right-handed
- Neck shape: Gibson Historic AJ
- Nut width: 1.72"
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Number of frets: 19
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Tuning machines: Waverly
- Bridge: Rectangle, open slot
- Saddle & nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Case: Included
- Accessories: Includes Gibson Accessory Kit
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.