- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Gibson 1952 J-185 Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #L74355 000001000 L74355000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Gibson J-185 was originally released in 1951 and remains one of the most legendary Gibsons of all time. Crafted to be just slightly smaller in si...Click To Read More About This Product
This Custom Historic Gibson features a Thermally Aged Sitka spruce top and flame maple back and sides.
The Gibson J-185 was originally released in 1951 and remains one of the most legendary Gibsons of all time. Crafted to be just slightly smaller in size to its larger cousin, the SJ-200, the Gibson J-185 used similar appointments, including Sitka spruce and maple back and sides for its construction. This Custom Historic Gibson 1952 J-185 is enhanced with a Thermally Aged Sitka spruce top and beautiful flame maple back and sides. Featuring classic J-185 appointments, including iconic Maltese crosses inlaid in mother-of-pearl on the open slot bridge, this is a rare model that's highly desired by artists and performers across the globe.<br>
- Thermally aged Sitka spruce top, flame maple back and sides
- V-shaped mahogany neck with compound dovetail neck-to-body joint, 12” radius rosewood fretboard with mother-of-pearl parallelogram inlays
- Gotoh Keystone tuners, gold tuner plating
- Thin nitro VOS finish
A custom Gibson you have to have. Order today.
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Thermally Aged Sitka spruce
- Back & sides: Flame maple
- Bracing pattern: Traditional hand-scalloped X-bracing with hide glue
- Body finish: Thin nitro VOS finish
- Neck shape: V
- Nut width: 1.72"
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Number of frets: 20
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Tuning machines: Gotoh Keystone
- Bridge: Belly up, holes at rear, open slot
- Saddle & nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Case: Included
- Accessories: Includes Gibson Accessory Kit
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.