- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Gibson Billie Joe Armstrong J 180 Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Product H73771
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
With the cooperative effort of this talented artist and the master acoustic builders in Montana, Gibson introduces the Billie Joe Armstrong J-180, cr...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Crafted by the acclaimed luthiers of Bozeman, Montana with premium solid tonewoods and uncompromising Gibson construction.
With the cooperative effort of this talented artist and the master acoustic builders in Montana, Gibson introduces the Billie Joe Armstrong J-180, crafted by the acclaimed luthiers of Bozeman, Montana, and now available in a first initial run that will be limited to 100 guitars for 2011.
The instrument is styled after the J-180 œJumbo, a guitar designed as a scaled-down version of the big, rounded SJ-200 œSuper Jumbo (played by Elvis, Johnny Cash, and others). Legendary in its own right, the J-180 formed the basis for the distinctive Everly Brothers model of the ™60s, and remains one of Gibson™s most popular flat-tops.
With its big 16-wide body, the Billie Joe Armstrong J-180 can bang out the rhythm with gusto and fury “ as countless country, blues, and rock and roll frontmen have discovered for five decades “ but it™s also a sultry performer for mellower moments, purring with a tone that only premium solid tonewoods and uncompromising Gibson construction can achieve.
And when you need to take it up on stage, a built-in Fishman VT pickup system makes it a snap, providing an easy plug-n-play solution through any amplification or PA rig, without impeding the guitar™s natural acoustic tone. Being the main squeeze of a guy who™s still a punk at heart, though, the Billie Joe Armstrong J-180 is dressed to impress, in a hand-sprayed Ebony nitrocellulose finish with custom double tortoiseshell J-180 pickguards, graduated mother-of-pearl star inlays on its Indian Rosewood fingerboard, and a black truss-rod cover with Billie Joe Armstrong signature.
Whether you'e looking to drive the band through the home stretch, or accompany your solo singer/songwriter moments with deep, rich acoustic tone that™s classic Gibson, the Billie Joe Armstrong J-180 is one to check out.
- Sitka Spruce top with Eastern Maple back and sides
- Indian Rosewood fingerboard with Reverse Belly Rosewood bridge
- Hand-scalloped, traditional J-180 X-bracing
- SystemBound Indian Rosewood fingerboard with mother-of-pearl graduated Star inlays
- Double Moustache pick guard with natural wood masked backing
- Compound Double Dovetail neck the body joint
- Antiqued Ebony Nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Engraved "Billy Joe" truss rod cover
- Fishman Matrix VT reamp and piezo pickup
- Nickel Gotoh tuners with efficient 14:1 turn ratio
- Billy Joe signed label with first 100 units
Grab this limited run Gibson while you can. Order today.