Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Gibson Custom Murphy Lab 1954 Les Paul Goldtop Reissue Heavy Aged Electric Guitar Double Goldtrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Gibson Custom Murphy Lab 1954 Les Paul Goldtop Reissue Heavy Aged Electric Guitar Double Gold$7,199.00
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
- Ships Internationally
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Solidbody Electric Guitar with Mahogany Body and 2-Piece Maple Top, Mahogany Neck and Indian Rosewood Fretboard, Dual P-90 Single-Coil Pickups
Let's start with the finish"Double Gold" is the name of Gibson's most accurate finish for Goldtop Les Paul models. The Murphy Lab applies a Heavy aging to it. Looking like a "player's grade" vintage instrument, there are significant signs of wear—buckle rash, scrapes, scratches and prominent lacquer checking. The end result is a guitar that appears to have been heavily played over the last six decades.
A new guitar made like an old oneGibson used hide glue to connect the 2-piece maple top to the mahogany body. The neck, which sports a chunky C profile, has a long tenon joint for added resonance. We're fans of the feel—the rolled binding on the Indian rosewood fretboard makes it play like a well-loved instrument.
A pair of P-90s gives this ’50s Les Paul real punchP-90 pickups are versatile single coils that first appeared on ’40s-era Gibson archtops. Back then, they were for blues and jazz, but over the decades these pickups have powered rock, country, funk and punk, too. They're gritty with a warm midrange. Gibson wires them here with CTS pots and paper-in-oil caps, just like an original Goldtop.
This Les Paul Reissue has historic hardwareYou can't get much simpler—or more effective—than a combination bridge/tailpiece. Fewer pieces means less can go wrong, and more can go right. On the 1954 Les Paul Goldtop, that adds up to increased sustain with the Ted McCarty-designed wraparound stopbar. The Kluson single line, single ring tuners are just as dependable.
If you want an aged Goldtop with P-90s, get this GibsonMake no mistake, the Gibson Custom ’54 Les Paul Goldtop is real investment, but it will deliver a lifetime of enjoyment. This is also the kind of guitar that you pass down. It comes pre-worn with Murphy Lab Heavy aging, but imagine how great the Goldtop will look after decades of your daily use. A certificate of authenticity and an aged brown/pink Lifton hardshell case are included.
- Mahogany body and 2-piece maple top with Heavy aging that simulates a vintage instrument
- Mahogany neck with chunky C-shape profile for a period-correct feel, Indian rosewood fretboard
- Dual P-90 single-coil pickups are versatile enough for any genre of music
- A wraparound bridge/tailpiece and Kluson tuners are dependable classics
A classic Goldtop with a Heavy aged finish. Shop now.
Murphy Lab 1954 Les Paul Goldtop Reissue Heavy Aged Electric Guitar Specifications:Body
- Body Type: Solid Body
- Top wood: 2-piece Maple
- Neck shape: C
- Neck wood: Solid Mahogany
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Rosewood
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Trapezoid
- Nut width/material: 1.687"/Nylon
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: Proprietary Humbucker
- Bridge: Proprietary Humbucker
- Pickup switch: 3-Way
- Bridge type: Fixed Bridge
- Bridge design: Wraparound
- Tailpiece: Wraparound
- Tuning machines: Vintage-style
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 6 String
- Orientation: Right handed
- Country of Origin: United States
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.