Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Gibson Custom Murphy Lab 1957 Les Paul Goldtop Darkback Reissue Light Aged Electric Guitar Double Goldtrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Gibson Custom Murphy Lab 1957 Les Paul Goldtop Darkback Reissue Light Aged Electric Guitar Double Gold
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Solidbody Guitar with Mahogany Body and 2-Piece Maple Top, Mahogany Neck, Rosewood Fretboard and Dual CustomBuckers
Let’s Start With the FinishTom Murphy was instrumental in creating the Gibson Custom Shop; he's also a pioneer in the art of aging guitars. The ’57 Les Paul has an accurate Double Gold finish with a dark back that lets the grain come through. The Murphy Lab gives this a Light aging—the nitrocellulose lacquer shows more intense checking, along with dings, pick scrapes and slight flaking in spots. It looks like a guitar with 50-plus years of average play wear. The hardware displays a matching VOS patina.
Pickups that shineGibson loaded this guitar with a set of CustomBuckers. Alnico III magnets supply the warmth; leaving them unpotted adds clarity. A hand-wired harness with paper-in-oil capacitors and 500K CTS pots gives you more sonic space to explore.
Classic ConstructionThe Custom Shop doesn't fool around when it comes to construction. From laser-scanned dimensions to chemically recreated plastics, their attention to detail makes all the difference. You’d be hard pressed to tell the difference between this Les Paul and one from the ’50s. The body is made from solid mahogany with a 2-piece maple top. The mahogany neck has a chunky, medium C profile. Your hands will feel at home on the rosewood fretboard—the extra-rolled binding makes it feel like a worn-in Gibson.
This Goldtop Will Make You Go GagaFinding an original 1957 Goldtop takes luck and an extremely large wallet. This Murphy Lab model gets you the same style and sound, and it’s available now at Musician’s Friend. It comes with a certificate of authenticity and an aged brown and pink Lifton reissue 5-latch hard case.
- Mahogany body for warmth and mid-range punch with a 2-piece maple top for snap and sustain
- Mahogany neck with C-profile and rosewood fretboard for the look and feel of the ’50s
- Dual CustomBuckers and hand-wired harness that provide all flavors of vintage PAF pickups
- Tune-o-matic bridge, stopbar tailpiece and Kluson tuners for historically accurate, rock-solid stability
Click or call to order this impeccable Les Paul today.
Murphy Lab 1957 Les Paul Goldtop Darkback Reissue Light Aged Electric Guitar Specifications:Body
- Body Type: Single Cutaway Solid Body
- Top wood: Solid Maple
- Body wood: Solid Mahogany
- Neck shape: C
- Neck wood: Solid Mahogany
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Material: Indian rosewood
- Radius: 12"
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: 1950s Mother-of-pearl pattern
- Nut width/material: 1.687"/Nylon
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: Proprietary Humbucker
- Bridge: Proprietary Humbucker
- Bridge type: Fixed Bridge
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuning machines: Vintage-style
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 6 String
- Case: Hardshell Case
- Orientation: Right handed
- Country of Origin: United States
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.