Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Gibson Custom Murphy Lab 1959 ES-335 Reissue Ultra Heavy Aged Semi-Hollow Electric Guitar Vintage Naturaltrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Gibson Custom Murphy Lab 1959 ES-335 Reissue Ultra Heavy Aged Semi-Hollow Electric Guitar Vintage Natural
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
- Ships Internationally
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Capture the vibe of 1959 with this impeccable reissue.
Let’s start with the finishThis 1959 ES-335 was treated to an Ultra Heavy aging, with the dings and scars from decades of hard playing and abuse. You can imagine it falling more than once from the band van, and possibly used defensively against an unruly fan. The back has major buckle rash; the front has heavy arm wear, pick scratches and peghead scrapes. There are several spots where the finish has worn down completely, revealing exposed wood.
Historically accurate constructionThe Custom Shop doesn't fool around when it comes to construction. From laser-scanned dimensions to chemically recreated plastics, their attention to detail makes all the difference. The 3-ply maple/poplar/maple body is lightweight, making it easy to sling on your shoulder. We dig the chunky neck—Gibson calls it a 1959 medium C-shape, and we can attest it's got more meat than ’60s models. The Indian rosewood fretboard has "extra-rolled" binding, giving off a distinctive vintage vibe.
A tone like no otherIf chocolate and peanut butter go together well, so do PAFs and a semi-hollowbody guitar. Sure, that metaphor is a reach, but there is something magic about CustomBuckers in the Reissue ES-335. Warm and woody, you'll feel the resonance immediately. It's easy to dial in Clapton's "woman tone," but you can also coax vibrant, clean sounds, too.
This is a no compromise Gibson for passionate playersGibson made less than 600 ES-335 guitars in 1959; finding an original one in playing condition today requires luck and a large wallet. This Gibson Custom Murphy Lab Reissue will give you the exact same experience, and it's available now at Musician's Friend. It includes a certificate of authenticity, and a brown and pink reissue 5-latch hardshell case.
- 3-ply maple/poplar/maple body for lightweight comfort and acoustic resonance, aged finish
- Chunky medium C-profile neck with authentic 1959 feel
- Dual CustomBuckers for warm and woody sounds
- Tune-o-matic bridge, stopbar tailpiece, and Kluson single line tuners that are aged to match the finish
Turn back the clock to old school rock. Order the 1959 ES-335 Reissue today.
Murphy Lab 1959 ES-335 Reissue Ultra Heavy Aged Semi-Hollow Electric Guitar Specifications:Body
- Body wood: Maple/Poplar/Maple
- Neck shape: Medium C
- Neck wood: Solid Mahogany
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Material: Indian rosewood
- Radius: 12"
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width/material: 1.687"/Nylon
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: Proprietary Humbucker
- Bridge: Proprietary Humbucker
- Control layout: Individual volume, Individual tone, Individual volume, Individual tone
- Bridge type: Fixed Bridge
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuning machines: Vintage-style
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 6 String
- Case: Hardshell case
- Orientation: Right-handed
- Country of Origin: United States
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.