Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT 6 AM - 6 PM PT
SUN 6 AM - 5 PM PT
Gibson Custom Murphy Lab 1959 Les Paul Standard Reissue Heavy Aged Electric Guitar Golden Poppy Bursttrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Style: Golden Poppy Burst
Gibson Custom Murphy Lab 1959 Les Paul Standard Reissue Heavy Aged Electric Guitar Golden Poppy Burst
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
- Ships Internationally
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Solidbody Electric Guitar with Mahogany Body, Maple Top, Mahogany Neck, Rosewood Fretboard, Dual CustomBuckers and Heavy Aged Finish
Let's Start With the FinishThis LP Standard gets a Heavy aging from the Murphy Lab, showing significant signs of wear and tear. Looking like a "player's grade" vintage instrument, the back has lots of buckle rash; light arm and neck wear decorate the front, with prominent checking patterns throughout. The hardware gets the Heavy aging treatment as well.
Historically Authentic ConstructionThe Custom Shop doesn't fool around when it comes to construction. From laser-scanned dimensions to chemically recreated plastics, their attention to detail makes all the difference. The mahogany body has a 2-piece maple top assembled with hot hide glue. The mahogany neck gets ’59 specs with a C-shaped profile. A long tenon will keep the neck to body joint stable for decades to come. Your fretting hand will find instant comfort in the rosewood fretboard—the extra-rolled binding makes it feel like a worn-in Gibson.
A Tone Like No OtherThe most alluring aspect of a late ’50s Les Paul is the almighty PAF pickup. From ZZ Top's "Tush" to the Stones' "Satisfaction," Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love" to Fleetwood Mac's "Oh Well," the PAF humbucker is sweet and musical, complex and biting, warm and wonderful. Gibson nailed the tone with these Alnico III CustomBuckers. A hand-wired harness with paper-in-oil capacitors and 500K CTS pots gives you more sonic space to explore.
If you want an absolutely authentic Les Paul, get this Gibson.The waiting list for a Murphy Lab guitar can take up to two years, so if vintage style and sounds are your game, grab this Gibson while you can. It comes with a certificate of authenticity, and a brown and pink reissue 5-latch hardshell case.
- Mahogany body for warmth and mid-range punch with a 2-piece maple top for snap and sustain
- Mahogany neck with C-profile and rosewood fretboard for the look and feel of the ’50s
- Dual CustomBuckers and hand-wired harness that provide all flavors of vintage PAF pickups
- Tune-o-matic bridge, stopbar tailpiece and Kluson tuners for historically accurate, rock-solid stability
Put an authentic old school guitar in your hands. Order the 1959 Les Paul Standard Reissue today.
Murphy Lab 1959 Les Paul Standard Reissue Heavy Aged Electric Guitar Specifications:Body
- Body Type: Single Cutaway Solid Body
- Top wood: 2-piece Maple
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Neck shape: Medium C
- Neck wood: Solid Mahogany
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 12"
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Trapezoid
- Nut width/material: 1.687"/Nylon
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: Proprietary Humbucker
- Bridge: Proprietary Humbucker
- Control layout: Individual volume, Individual tone, Individual volume, Individual tone
- Bridge type: Fixed Bridge
- Bridge design: Locking
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuning machines: Vintage-style
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 6 String
- Case: Hardshell Case
- Orientation: Right handed
- Country of Origin: United States
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.