Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MONDAY (11/27 only) 5 AM - 9 PM PT
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT 6 AM - 6 PM PT
SUN 6 AM - 5 PM PT
Gibson Custom Murphy Lab 1959 Les Paul Standard Reissue Light Aged Electric Guitar Cherry Teabursttrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Style: Cherry Teaburst
Shop by Serial Number:
Gibson Custom Murphy Lab 1959 Les Paul Standard Reissue Light Aged Electric Guitar Cherry Teaburst
- Free Shipping
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Solidbody Electric Guitar with Mahogany Body, Maple Top, Mahogany Neck, Rosewood Fretboard, Dual CustomBuckers and Light Aged Finish
Let's Start With the FinishTom Murphy was instrumental in creating the Gibson Custom Shop; he's also a pioneer in the art of aging guitars. This 1959 Les Paul features his reverse-engineered lacquer formula with unique checking patterns. The finish flakes to reflect 50-plus years of light play wear, with softened edges, dings and pick trails all over.
Historically Authentic ConstructionThe Custom Shop doesn't fool around when it comes to construction. From laser-scanned dimensions to chemically recreated plastics, their attention to detail makes all the difference. This mahogany body has a 2-piece maple top assembled with hot hide glue. The mahogany neck gets ’59 specs with a C-shaped profile. A long tenon will keep the neck to body joint stable for decades to come. Your fretting hand will find instant comfort in the rosewood fretboard—the extra-rolled binding makes it feel like a worn-in Gibson.
A Tone Like No OtherThe most alluring aspect of an original 1959 Les Paul is the almighty PAF pickup. From ZZ Top's "Tush" to the Stones' "Satisfaction," Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love" to Fleetwood Mac's "Oh Well," the PAF humbucker is sweet and musical, complex and biting, warm and wonderful. Gibson nailed the tone with these Alnico III CustomBuckers. A hand-wired harness with paper-in-oil capacitors and 500K CTS pots gives you more sonic space to explore.
If you want an absolutely authentic Les Paul, get this Gibson.The waiting list for a Murphy Lab guitar can take up to two years, so if vintage style and sounds are your game, grab this Gibson while you can. It includes hardware aged to match the finish, a certificate of authenticity, and a brown and pink reissue 5-latch hardshell case.
- Mahogany body for warmth and mid-range punch with a 2-piece maple top for snap and sustain
- Mahogany neck with C-profile and rosewood fretboard for the look and feel of the ’50s
- Dual CustomBuckers and hand-wired harness that provide all flavors of vintage PAF pickups
- Tune-o-matic bridge, stopbar tailpiece and Kluson tuners for historically accurate, rock-solid stability
Get the look, sound and feel of classic electric guitar. Order the 1959 Les Pul Standard Reissue today.
Murphy Lab 1959 Les Paul Standard Reissue Light Aged Electric Guitar Specifications:Body
- Body Type: Single Cutaway Solid Body
- Top wood: 2-piece Maple
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Neck shape: Medium C
- Neck wood: Solid Mahogany
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 12"
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Trapezoid
- Nut width/material: 1.687"/Nylon
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: Proprietary Humbucker
- Bridge: Proprietary Humbucker
- Control layout: Individual volume, Individual tone, Individual volume, Individual tone
- Bridge type: Fixed Bridge
- Bridge design: Locking
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuning machines: Vintage-style
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 6 String
- Case: Hardshell Case
- Orientation: Right handed
- Country of Origin: United States
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.