Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Gibson Custom Murphy Lab 1964 SG Standard Reissue With Maestro Vibrola Light Aged Electric Guitar Antique Pelham Bluetrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Shop by Serial Number:
Gibson Custom Murphy Lab 1964 SG Standard Reissue With Maestro Vibrola Light Aged Electric Guitar Antique Pelham Blue
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
- Ships Internationally
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
The finest ’64 you'll ever score. Order this Gibson Murphy Lab guitar today.
The Light-aged finish is impeccableTom Murphy was instrumental in creating the Gibson Custom Shop; he's also a pioneer in the art of aging guitars. This SG Standard features his reverse-engineered lacquer formula with unique checking patterns. The finish flakes to reflect 50-plus years of light play wear, with softened edges, dings and pick trails all over.
The construction matches ’60s specsThe Custom Shop doesn't fool around when it comes to construction. From laser-scanned dimensions to chemically recreated plastics, their attention to detail makes all the difference. The body is made from solid, lightweight mahogany; the same wood is used for the chunky, medium C-shaped neck. Your fretting hand will find instant comfort in the rosewood fretboard—the extra-rolled binding makes it feel like a worn-in Gibson.
Vintage sounds that thrillGibson nailed the tone with its alnico III, unpotted CustomBucker pickups. They're warm and sweet, with more growl when you add more gain. The Maestro Vibrola lets you shimmy chords and leads with plenty of ’60s soul.
If you want an absolutely authentic SG Standard, get this GibsonThe waiting list for a Murphy Lab guitar can take up to two years, so if vintage style and sounds are your game, the Custom 1964 SG Standard with Maestro Vibrola will deliver a lifetime of satisfaction. It includes a certificate of authenticity, and a brown and pink reissue 5-latch hardshell case.
- Mahogany body for warmth and mid-range punch
- Mahogany neck with medium C-profile and rosewood fretboard for the look and feel of the ’60s
- Dual CustomBuckers and hand-wired harness that provide all flavors of vintage PAF pickups
- Tune-o-matic bridge, Maestro Vibrola and Kluson tuners for historically accurate, rock-solid stability
Rediscover a piece of rock-and-roll history. Order the 1964 SG Standard Reissue today.
Murphy Lab 1964 SG Standard Reissue With Maestro Vibrola Light Aged Electric Guitar Specifications:Body
- Body Type: Double-Cutaway Solid Body
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Neck shape: Medium C
- Neck wood: Solid Mahogany
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Truss rod: Vintage
- Material: Indian rosewood
- Radius: 12"
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Trapezoid
- Nut width/material: 1.687"/Nylon
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: Proprietary Humbucker
- Bridge: Proprietary Humbucker
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuning machines: Vintage-style
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 6 String
- Case: Hardshell case
- Orientation: Right-handed
- Country of Origin: United States
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.