Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Gibson Custom Murphy Lab 1968 Les Paul Custom Reissue Ultra Light Aged Electric Guitar Ebonytrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Gibson Custom Murphy Lab 1968 Les Paul Custom Reissue Ultra Light Aged Electric Guitar Ebony
Frequently bought together
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
- Ships Internationally
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Les Paul Custom Reissue with Very Light Aging and Two 68 Custom Humbuckers
Mahogany Meets MapleThis Murphy Lab Les Paul is built with a lightweight mahogany body and a 2-piece figured maple top, just like the original 1968 edition. This tonewood pairing added to the sound that inspired a generation of rockers and is sure to inspire you as well.
Classic Neck SpecsAs soon as you pick up the Les Paul Gibson Reissue you’ll feel the silky smoothness of the mahogany neck and ebony fingerboard. To complete the 1968 look, the neck is topped off with small block inlays and gold-plated vintage-style tuners.
Bright, Tight 68 Custom PickupsEquipped with dual 68 Custom humbuckers, the Gibson 1968 Les Paul delivers legendary tone that’s like being rocketed back to the late-‘60s. Made with alnico II magnets, these pickups offer the powerful versatility you’d expect from a Les Paul Custom.
Historic HardwareThe 1968 Les Paul Reissue has a fixed ABR-1 tune-o-matic bridge for a solid and stable feel under your picking or strumming hand. Along with the popular stopbar tailpiece, this vintage electric delivers greater sustain and top-end shimmer on top of its slick throwback design.
Ultra Light Aged FinishThe Murphy Lab puts this Les Paul guitar through its Ultra Light aging process, showing slight lacquer checking, but very little playing wear. It looks like it has spent the last five decades sitting in a case under the bed and you’re finally letting it out to breathe.
The Gibson Custom Murphy Lab 1968 Les Paul Reissue comes with a certificate of authenticity and a brown and pink reissue 5-latch hardshell case.
- Mahogany body with maple top
- Mahogany neck with’68 Medium C profile
- Dual 68 Custom humbuckers
- ABR-1 bridge with stop bar, Kluson Waffleback tuners
- Murphy Lab Ultra Light Aged finish
Own the style and sound of vintage rock.
Murphy Lab 1968 Les Paul Custom Reissue Ultra Light Aged Electric Guitar Specifications:Body
- Body Type: Single Cutaway Solid Body
- Top wood: 2-piece Maple
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Neck shape: Authentic '68 Medium C
- Neck wood: Solid Mahogany
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Truss rod: Vintage
- Material: Solid ebony
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Mother-of-pearl Block
- Nut width/material: 1.687"/Nylon
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: Proprietary Humbucker
- Bridge: Proprietary Humbucker
- Control layout: Individual volume, Individual tone, Individual tone, Individual volume
- Bridge type: Fixed Bridge
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Color: Gold
- Number of strings: 6 String
- Case: Hardshell case
- Orientation: Right-handed
- Country of Origin: United States
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.