- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Gibson J-185 Limited Edition Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L35636 000001000 L35636000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The first Gibson J-185 was introduced in 1951, giving players a broader choice of flat-top acoustic guitars. It quickly became a hit. With a slightly...Click To Read More About This Product
Versatile body shape with old-school appointments for classic vibe.
The first Gibson J-185 was introduced in 1951, giving players a broader choice of flat-top acoustic guitars. It quickly became a hit. With a slightly smaller body than Gibson’s fabled Super Jumbos, the J-185 offers an excellent alternative for players seeking a smaller body style without sacrificing acoustic power and projection. Traditionally, the J-185 features a body length of 20-1/4", a width of 16", and a body depth of 4-7/8", producing a big sound with clear acoustics, making it equally impressive for powerful strumming or delicate fingerpicking, and everything in between. This J-185 Limited Edition acoustic guitar is built with a Thermally Aged Sitka spruce top complemented by a Vintage Sunburst finish and a flame maple body with multi-ply binding. The Slim Taper mahogany neck sports a rosewood fingerboard with mother-of-pearl parallelogram inlays and bone nut.
The J-185 Limited Edition acoustic guitar ships with a hardshell case.
- Mother-of-pearl parallelogram inlays
- Mahogany neck
- Multi-ply top binding
- Multi-ply back binding
- Standard frets
- Belly-up open slot bridge
- Aged gold hardware
- Black truss rod cover
- Vintage sunburst finish
- J-185 pickguard
- Includes Gibson Accessory Kit
- Made in the USA
Order this cool Gibson today.
- Body type: Jumbo
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Thermally aged Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: Flame maple
- Bracing pattern: Traditional hand-scalloped X
- Body finish: Thin Nitrocellulose
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Slim taper
- Nut width: 1.725" (43.8 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Not specified
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Brand: Not applicable
- Configuration: Not applicable
- Preamp EQ: Not applicable
- Feedback filter: Not applicable
- Tuner: Not applicable
- Headstock overlay: Not specified
- Tuning machines: Gotoh Relic
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Saddle and nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.