- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Gitane D-500 Grande Bouche Gypsy Jazz Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J11257 000001000 J11257000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Fans of Gypsy-Jazz guitar as well as guitar aficionados of every stripe will applaud Saga's re-introduction of the classic Selmer-Maccaferri style ja...Click To Read More About This Product
A classic jazz guitar reborn.
Fans of Gypsy-Jazz guitar as well as guitar aficionados of every stripe will applaud Saga's re-introduction of the classic Selmer-Maccaferri style jazz guitar...the Gitane D-500. All measurements and characteristic features of this guitar were faithfully recreated to make this incredibly high quality and affordable guitar.
- Solid Spruce top Rosewood back and sides
- Horizontal cutaway
- Multiple Ebony/Maple purfling on all edges
- Characteristic large "D" soundhole
- Ebony Mustache bridge with movable center
- Thin, comfortable, bound Mahogany neck
- Dovetail neck/body joint
- Slotted headstock with Rosewood overlay
- Extended 24-fret Ebony fingerboard
- M-O-P dot markers
- Body size- 12-fret neck joint - Scale length 25 1/4" - Nut width 1 7/8" - Body length 18 1/2" - Lower bout 16" - Upper bout 11 1/4"
- Geared 14:1 ratio, gold-plated, slotted peghead tuning machines
- Adjustable truss rod
- Trapeze tailpiece
- High-gloss finish with aging toner for vintage look
- Bone nut, zero fret
- Shop adjusted
- Back and Side Material: Indian Rosewood
- Back Inlay: None
- Binding: Ebony
- Body Shape: Horizontal Cutaway
- Brace Material: Spruce
- Bridge Material: Ebony / Movable Mustache-style
- Fingerboard and Peghead Binding: None
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: M-O-P Round Dots
- Finish: Vintage-toned High Gloss
- Headstock Style: Traditional Slotted
- Neck Material: Solid Mahogany
- Number of Frets Clear: 12
- Number of Frets Total: 24
- Nut Material: Zero-fret/Bone String Guide
- Nut Width: 1-7/8"
- Peghead Overlay: Indian Rosewood
- Recommended Strings: Parisian by Gitane Manouche Strings - Medium Gauge
- Saddle: Dyed Rosewood
- Scale Length: 25-1/4"
- Side Inlay: Multi-ply Ebony / Maple
- Soundhole Rosette: Traditional Multi-Ply Wood
- Soundhole Shape: Grand Bouche
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Top Bracing Pattern: Traditional Fan Bracing
- Top Purfling: Multi-ply Ebony / Maple
- Tuning Machines: Standard Gold-plated / Accurate 14:1 Gear Ratio / White ABS Buttons
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.