- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
G&L ASAT Classic BluesBoy Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 510981 000159000 510981000159000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
A finely crafted solidbody that plays buttery smooth with gorgeous woods and premium hardware. The Classic Bluesboy has a solid Swamp Ash body with n...Click To Read More About This Product
A handmade custom-crafted guitar with classic Leo design.
A finely crafted solidbody that plays buttery smooth with gorgeous woods and premium hardware. The Classic Bluesboy has a solid Swamp Ash body with natural wood binding. The hard rock maple neck with ebony fretboard has a beautifully tinted glossy neck finish. The G&L MFD bridge pickup dispenses traditional single-coil bite and the Duncan SH55N Seth Lover churns out vintage ""Patent-Applied-For"" humbucker tones. Schaller tuners. Deluxe appointments and craftsmanship throughout. Includes deluxe hardshell case.
The patented Magnetic Field Design pickups use a ceramic bar magnet installed underneath each coil, with soft iron adjustable pole pieces to transfer the magnetic field to the surface of the pickup. By contrast, traditional Alnico type pickups, such as used in the Legacy and George Fullerton models, use nonadjustable Alnico pole pieces leaving the only adjustment being pickup height. The Magnetic Field Design has this adjustment, but further offers individual adjustment of each pole piece, letting the player effectively adjust the output of each string on each pickup. Magnetic Field Design (MFD) yield about twice the output per wind, making the pickup quieter while allowing a greater overall output. The sound of Magnetic Field pickups is slightly warmer with a broader frequency response.
One major Nashville session guitarist remarked that G&L Magnetic Field single-coil pickups sounded as balanced and sweet as his favorite old vintage Alnico equipped axe. The difference is that the MFD pickups sound that good right into his amp without all the EQ tweaking of his mixing console that made his other guitar sound so good. When he ran his G&L though his studio rig, he was truly amazed at the rich and warm, yet clear and sparkly sound.
Check the drop-down menu to the right to select colors and/or other options.
- Swamp ash solidbody
- Hard rock maple neck
- Ebony fretboard
- 22 jumbo frets
- Schaller tuners
- 25-1/2" scale
- 1-5/8" nut width
- 2-1/4" neck width at heel
- 12" radius
- Traditional boxed steel bridge with brass saddles
- 3-way blade-style pickup selector
- Duncan SH55N Seth Lover humbucker neck pickup
- G&L MFD (Magnetic Field Design) single-coil bridge pickup
- Deluxe Fitted Tolex case
Order it now. Play it forever.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.