Why Shop With Us?
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
We're Here for You
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Guild D-55E Acoustic-Electric Guitar Antique Bursttrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Guild D-55E Acoustic-Electric Guitar Antique Burst$4,299.00
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Full-bodied and powerful with nice antique burst finish.
This modern D-55E remains true to all the premium appointments of its 1968 predecessor, including a AAA Sitka spruce top, solid Indian rosewood back and sides, ebony fingerboard and bridge, and nitrocellulose finish. Internal refinements include scalloped Adirondack bracing, as well as an improved dovetail neck joint, hand-fit to make this generation of D-55, the lightest, loudest, and best-sounding yet.
The D-55E showcases Guild’s most recognizable headstock, fully bound and featuring the Guild “Peak and Shield” inlay combination over a figured ebony overlay. The matching ebony fingerboard is also fully bound and inlayed with Guild’s iconic abalone/pearl “V-Blocks” and multi-line “railroad track” purfling on the bass and treble sides.
The D-55E’s fingerboard is set on an all-mahogany neck with beautiful walnut center seam running the length of the heel to headstock. The D-55’s nitro Antique Burst finish is hand-sprayed for minimum thickness and maximum resonance that will only get better with age. It also comes with an L.R. Baggs pickup system to give you more playing versatility. Each guitar includes a hand-signed certificate of authenticity and ships with Guild’s Premium humidified hardshell case.
- Abalone and ABS ring rosette
- White ABS body binding
- Black and white ABS purfling
Order this sweet looking Guild today.
D-55E Acoustic-Electric Guitar Specifications:Body
- Body type: Dreadnought
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: AAA Solid Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: Solid Indian rosewood
- Bracing pattern: Scalloped Adirondack spruce
- Body finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: C
- Nut width: 1.69" (43 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.6"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: L.R. Baggs
- Configuration: Undersaddle transducer
- Preamp EQ: 1-band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Rosewood
- Tuning machines: Gotoh SE700 open gear in gold
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Saddle and nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Humidified archtop wood case
- Accessories: Certificate of authenticity, Guild polish cloth, Guild pick
- Country of origin: United States
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.