Why Shop With Us?
Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
We're Here for You
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Ibanez AZ2204B AZ Prestige Electric Guitar Blacktrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Ibanez AZ2204B AZ Prestige Electric Guitar Black$1,999.99
- Free Shipping
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
6-string alder electric guitar with roasted maple neck, Seymour Duncan pickups and extensive switching system
Built for comfort and longevityThe Ibanez AZ series solid-body electric guitar uses S-Tech treated maple for the neck, a first in the world of electric guitar building. This process involves treating the wood with nitrogen and heat, increasing stability, durability, water resistance and tolerance to temperature changes. The neck is sealed with an oil finish which simulates the comfort of a well-worn guitar neck.
Ibanez finished the fretboard edge with a smooth curve that extends from the border between the fretboard and the neck, and then to the surface of the fretboard. The detailed neck shape is precisely carved using a ball mill for consistency. The width measurements of the fretboard are 42 mm at the nut and 56.4 mm at the last fret. These dimensions allow for an easy grip in the lower register, plus a more modern feel in the higher register.
Built for comfort while sitting or standing, the body on this model features a smooth back contour and big forearm contour designed to fit the player naturally. The AZ body has an especially deep waist and different radii on each body edge curve (3 mm on body top, 8 mm on body back), designed to feel right in any position.
New electronics in collaboration with Seymour Duncan and GOTOHThe custom Seymour Duncan pickup for the AZ features a moderate output through Alnico-5 magnets to keep the clarity of the fundamental tone when using a distortion sound, and to deliver a clear pick attack. From treble to bass, and from high-E string to low-E string, the overall tonal balance is evenly adjusted and works well with various effect pedals. The metal cover on the Humbucker Hyperion pickup gives a classical look and moderated sound.
The new T1802 Tremolo Bridge comes after a collaboration between GOTOH and Ibanez. It features machined titanium saddles and a machined steel tremolo block for a quick response, thick lows and rich highs. The 10.5 mm string spacing allows for easy picking across strings, including techniques such as string skipping and hybrid picking. The snap-and-hold tremolo arm socket makes it easy to load a tremolo arm, and the arm torque adjuster enables fine torque adjustment without any tools. The 2-point floating tremolo system allows for a super smooth tremolo motion when either raising or lowering the pitch. Ibanez also collaborated with GOTOH to add their Magnum Lock machine heads, which have an established reputation for tuning stability. Plus, the built-in H.A.P. (Height Adjustable Post) system allows for the adjustment of string posts for the appropriate tension of each string.
Lastly, this AZ guitar brings it all together with the dyna-MIX 9 system and Alter switch, which combine to offer nine sound variations in one electric guitar. Guitarists can easily switch between humbucker and single coil modes with just the mini switch, or use the Alter switch to explore the wider variety of voice options. One mode is even able to simulate a humbucker sound from the combination of the 2 single coil pickups, creating the option to play this model like an HH guitar in addition to the versatile HSS setup.
- 6-string alder electric guitar with asymmetrical double-cutaway body
- Roasted maple fingerboard and Oval C neck treated with S-Tech
- New Seymour Duncan Hyperion pickups in HSS configuration
- GOTOH tremolo with 2-point floating bridge
- GOTOH locking tuning machines with adjustable posts
- dyna-MIX 9 system with alter switch for 9 distinct sound variations
- Luminlay side dots for finding scales in the dark
- Includes hardshell case
A modern electric guitar for modern players, redesigned from A to Z. Order now.
AZ2204B AZ Prestige Electric Guitar Specifications:Body
- Body shape: Double Cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Body wood: Alder
- Neck shape: Oval C
- Neck wood: Roasted Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Neck finish: Oil
- Material: Roasted Maple
- Radius: 12"
- Fret size: Jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width/material: 1.656 in. (42 mm) Bone
- Configuration: HSS
- Neck: Seymour Duncan Alnico Single Coil
- Middle: Seymour Duncan Alnico Single Coil
- Bridge: Seymour Duncan Alnico Humbucker
- Control layout: Master volume, Master tone
- Pickup switch: 5-Way
- Special electronics: dyna-MIX 9 switching system
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: 2-point tremolo Individual saddle
- Tailpiece: Floating Vibrato
- Tuning machines: Locking
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Case: Hardshell Case
- Orientation: Right handed
- Country of Origin: Japan
- Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.