- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Malinoski Gypsy Electric Guitar
Red and White
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L55395 000001000 L55395000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Peter Malinoski has been building, or rather, sculpting unique instruments since 1984. Rather than making another version of a traditional design, Ma...Click To Read More About This Product
Sculpture or guitar — either way it's a stunning work of art
Peter Malinoski has been building, or rather, sculpting unique instruments since 1984. Rather than making another version of a traditional design, Malinoski is as much a sculptor as luthier, with his designs have a form and shape that's highly individual, yet reminiscent of classics. Each guitar is built from scratch, including hand-wound pickups that, once again, have their own sound, yet contain echoes of the sounds that stick in your memory.
Malinoski considers the Gypsy to be an electric guitar with the character of an acoustic. He says, " I envision the Gypsy to be used in the same manner as an acoustic guitar- for singing and strumming and not for shredding." With its hollow-body construction and distinctive lines, the Gypsy is certainly a standout, graced by Malinoski's hand-wound single-coil pickups and stunning finish work. Like all his guitars, it's a beautiful sculpture that is also a fine musical instrument.
- Hollow body with Western cedar top and back, Douglas fir sides, lacquer top
- 24.75"-scale maple neck, 24-fret, 12"-radius maple fingerboard
- Dual hand-wound Malinoski Type 12 single-coil pickups, 3-way switch
- Schaller tune-o-matic bridge, trapeze tailpiece, Hipshot locking tuners
Call your guitar specialist now for complete details.
- Body shape: Single Cutaway
- Body type: Hollow Body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top and back wood: Western cedar
- Body wood: Douglas fir
- Body finish: Gloss lacquer top, Danish oil back and sides
- Neck shape: Medium C
- Neck wood: Solid Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Truss rod: Dual-action
- Neck finish: Danish oil
- Material: Maple
- Radius: 12"
- Fret size: Medium-jumbo
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Walnut Dot
- Nut width/material: 1.687 in. (42.8 mm) Bone
- Configuration: SS
- Neck: Proprietary Single Coil
- Bridge: Proprietary Single Coil
- Control layout: Master volume Master tone
- Pickup switch: 3-Way
- Bridge type: Fixed Bridge
- Bridge design: Individual saddle
- Tailpiece: Trapeze
- Tuning machines: Locking High-ratio
- Color: Chrome, Amber buttons
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Performance Level: Professional
- Case: Hardshell Case
- Orientation: Right handed
- Country of Origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.