- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Martin 15 Series D-15M Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
- 423479 000000000 423479000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Martin 15 Series D-15M acoustic guitar looks like it came right out of the history books, and delivers a sound for the ages. In its 175-year hist...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A perfect blend of vintage features and modern technology.
- The Martin Archives
- Behind The Bricks - A Look Inside C.F. Martin & Co.
- Behind The Bricks - Fretting & Dovetail Neck Joint
- Behind The Bricks - Final Fit & Inspection
- Chris Martin's Private Tour - Inside his personal collection at the Martin Museum
- Chris Martin's Private Tour - Part 2
- Behind The Martin Archives - An exclusive look at rare Martin artifacts presented by Dick Boak
- The Faces of C.F. Martin & Co.
The Martin 15 Series D-15M acoustic guitar looks like it came right out of the history books, and delivers a sound for the ages. In its 175-year history, Martin has set more guitar design trends than can be counted. The company still embraces design techniques introduced many years ago to create their guitars' timeless tone.
Built on a dreadnought platform, the Martin 15 Series D-15M guitar boasts 14 open frets for a unique design and great range of tone. The top, back, and sides are genuine solid mahogany, offering strong guitar tone, with crisp, clear subtleties in each note's definition. One of mahogany's finest qualities is its density. Although it's not the hardest tonewood, it is free of air pockets and other deformities.
The vintage sound produced by the Martin 15 Series D-15M acoustic guitar is reminiscent of the Style 15 Martin guitars made popular during the 1940s. The Martin guitar is equipped with a mortise and tennon neck joint, offering the best wood binding practice ever conceived. Often used for shipbuilding, the process fuses two pieces of wood into a single, sturdy unit that stands up to the elements time and time again. The results are evident with the strength in tone and power in projection that you hear with each strum of this Martin acoustic guitar.
The Martin guitar's solid mahogany neck further complements the crisp, defined acoustic sound of this dreadnought. The bridge and fingerboard are solid East Indian rosewood, adding smooth sustain to the mix. The 14 open frets, 1-11/16 in. nut width, 2-1/8" bridge string spacing, and 16 in. radius add comfort for your intricate fingerboard movements.
Other appointments include a single-ring rosette, bone nut, solid/square taper headstock, solid East Indian rosewood headplate, diamonds and square fingerboard inlay, belly-style bridge, nickel open-geared tuning machines with butterbean knobs, and a solid black ebony bridge and end pins. Dressed in a soft satin finish and featuring a Delmar tortoise color pickguard, the Martin D15M guitar glows with classic vintage looks and sound.
Includes a Martin 345 hardshell guitar case.
The very first dreadnought guitars were designed and crafted by C. F. Martin & Co. in 1916, but marketed in Boston and New York exclusively under the Oliver Ditson brand. Originally made for Hawaiian slide playing style, the very first dreadnought made was a Model 222 shipped to Ditson in August of 1916. After Ditson went out of business in the early 1930s, Martin introduced the D-1 and D-2 dreadnoughts for standard playing style that would soon become Martin’s iconic D-18 and D-28 models. Over the past 100 years, the Martin dreadnought has helped define what an acoustic guitar can and should be, and subsequently, it has become one of the most popular acoustic guitar designs in the world.
- Faux tortoise pickguard
- Multi-stripe rosette
- Modern belly - drop-in saddle
- Simple dovetail neck joint
- Diamonds and squares short pattern fingerboard
- Abalone fingerboard inlay
- Yellow side dots
Whether jamming with your buddies or playing for a crowd, Martin's natural acoustic sound stays true. Own a D15M dreadnought guitar today!
- Body type: Dreadnought
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Mahogany
- Back and sides: Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: X
- Body finish: Satin
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Modified low oval with standard taper
- Nut width: 1.75" (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: East Indian rosewood
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.4"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Brand: Not applicable
- Configuration: Not applicable
- Preamp EQ: Not applicable
- Feedback filter: Not applicable
- Tuner: Not applicable
- Headstock overlay: East Indian Rosewood
- Tuning machines: Nickel open gear
- Bridge: East Indian rosewood
- Saddle and nut: Compensated bone/Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Ply hardshell
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Mexico
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.