- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Martin 16 Series D-16GT Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
- 514749 000000000 514749000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The traditional Martin D-16GT Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar is part of the 16 series of guitars, which incorporate modern guitar specifications with th...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Deluxe appointments, solid woods, and gorgeous gloss top!
- The Martin Archives
- Behind The Bricks - A Look Inside C.F. Martin & Co.
- Behind The Bricks - Fretting & Dovetail Neck Joint
- Behind The Bricks - Final Fit & Inspection
- Chris Martin's Private Tour - Inside his personal collection at the Martin Museum
- Chris Martin's Private Tour - Part 2
- Behind The Martin Archives - An exclusive look at rare Martin artifacts presented by Dick Boak
- The Faces of C.F. Martin & Co.
The traditional Martin D-16GT Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar is part of the 16 series of guitars, which incorporate modern guitar specifications with the famous Martin quality and sound. Quality-built with a solid Sitka spruce top, mahogany back and sides, FSC Certified Richlite fretboard and bridge, and hybrid X bracing. Features numerous deluxe appointments such as a bold herringbone rosette, black Boltaron binding, tortoise pickguard, chrome-enclosed tuners, and a natural gloss-top finish. Limited lifetime warranty.
Includes Martin hardshell case.
The very first dreadnought guitars were designed and crafted by C. F. Martin & Co. in 1916, but marketed in Boston and New York exclusively under the Oliver Ditson brand. Originally made for Hawaiian slide playing style, the very first dreadnought made was a Model 222 shipped to Ditson in August of 1916. After Ditson went out of business in the early 1930s, Martin introduced the D-1 and D-2 dreadnoughts for standard playing style that would soon become Martin’s iconic D-18 and D-28 models. Over the past 100 years, the Martin dreadnought has helped define what an acoustic guitar can and should be, and subsequently, it has become one of the most popular acoustic guitar designs in the world.
- Construction: Ply Blocks/Simple Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Bold Herringbone
- Top Bracing Pattern: Hybrid ''X'' Scalloped
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16
- Back Material: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Back Purfling: none
- Side Material: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Endpiece: Black Boltaron
- Endpiece Inlay: none
- Binding: Black Boltaron
- Top Inlay Style: none
- Side Inlay: none
- Back Inlay: none
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Nut Material: White Corian
- Headstock: Solid/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid East Indian Rosewood/Raised Gold Foil
- Heelcap: Solid Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Material: FSC Certified Richlite
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- Number Of Frets Clear: 14
- Number Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-11/16''
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2-1/8''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Style 28
- Fingerboard Binding: none
- Finish Back & Sides: Satin
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Bridge Material: FSC Certified Richlite
- Bridge Style: Belly
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-1/8''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/White Tusq
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed with Small Buttons
- Recommended Strings: Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge (MSP7200) - sold separately
- Bridge & End Pins: White with Black Dots
- Pickguard: Tortoise Color
- Case: 345
Taste the best of both worlds with this unique Martin guitar. Order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.