- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Martin Authentic Series 1937 D-28 VTS Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J21071 000001000 J21071000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Perhaps the most revered vintage D-28s are the ones created in 1937 with forward shifted, hand-scalloped X-bracing, Adirondack red spruce soundboard ...Click To Read More About This Product
Updated version of one of Martin's most popular classics with all the right DNA.
Perhaps the most revered vintage D-28s are the ones created in 1937 with forward shifted, hand-scalloped X-bracing, Adirondack red spruce soundboard and a 1-3/4 in. neck width. The Authentic Series 1937 D-28 VTS Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar is a recreation of the original 1937 model offered with Madagascar rosewood back and sides.
Other appointments include an Authentic 1937 Barrel & Heel neck, 28 Style Zig-Zag back purfling, diamonds and squares long pattern 1937 fingerboard inlays, Delmar tortoise color, and, most importantly, hide glue construction. Martin's new Vintage Tone System (VTS) is employed for the top and braces.
Martin's Vintage Tone System (VTS) uses a unique recipe that is based on the historic torrefaction system. The VTS acts much like a time machine in which Martin can target certain time periods and age the top/braces to that era. This focused method allows Martin's craftsmen and women to recreate not only the pleasing visual aesthetics of a vintage guitar, but also reproduce the special tones previously reserved for vintage instruments.
- Body type: D-14 Fret
- Cutaway: Non-cutaway
- Top wood: VTS Solid Adirondack Red Spruce
- Back & sides: Madagascar Rosewood
- Bracing pattern: Standard "X" Scalloped (Authentic STyle) -Circa 1937 - Forward Shifted
- Body finish: Vintage Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Not specified
- Nut width: 1.69" (43mm)
- Fingerboard: Solid black ebony
- Neck wood: Solid genuine mahogany
- Scale length: 25.4"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Vintage Gloss
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Brand: Not applicable
- Configuration: Not applicable
- Preamp EQ: Not applicable
- Feedback filter: Not applicable
- Tuner: Not applicable
- Headstock overlay: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Tuning machines: Waverly Nickel with Butterbean Knobs
- Bridge: Solid Black Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Bone/Long Bone
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: None
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: Info not available
- Country of origin: United States
Order this top-notch Martin today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.