- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Martin D-28 Standard Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- K40776 000001000 K40776000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Sometimes innovation is in the details and this is certainly true with Martin’s re-imagined 2017 D-28. After nearly a century at the helm, and as the...Click To Read More About This Product
Plenty of power, exceptional tone, punch and sustain.
Sometimes innovation is in the details and this is certainly true with Martin’s re-imagined 2017 D-28. After nearly a century at the helm, and as the quintessential workhorse of music legends like Hank Williams, The Beatles, Johnny Cash, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, and so many more, Martin's legendary D-28 has been lovingly and artfully enhanced.
“The post WWII D-28 had a slightly different look than its predecessor and became the centerpiece of the folk and folk rock movements at their pinnacle in the 1950s and 1960s." says Chris Martin, Chairman and CEO of Martin Guitar, "We have extracted the finest features from the D-28 of both my grandfather’s and my father’s respective eras.”
The 2017 D-28 blends the rich history of the guitar with Martin’s newest and most heralded innovations. The 184-year-old guitar maker has combined vintage appointments, including open gear tuners, an aged toner top, antique white accents, and a faux tortoise pickguard with a special neck profile to give D-28 enthusiasts a modern feel and comfortable playing experience. Martin has also added forward-shifted bracing to allow greater vibration of the top.
- Antique white binding
- Aging toner
- Forward shifting non-scalloped X bracing
- Dovetail neck joint
- Style 28 mother-of-pearl fingerboard inlays
- Solid headstock with square taper and diamond inlay.
- SP Acoustic 92/8 Phosphor Bronze Medium (MSP4200) strings
- Multi-stripe top and back inlays
Grab this modern take on an old Martin classic. Order today.
- Body type: Dreadnought
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: East Indian rosewood
- Bracing pattern: Forward shifted pattern Non-scalloped X-type
- Body finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Modified low oval with High Performance Taper
- Nut width: 1.75 in. (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.4 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Brand: Not applicable
- Configuration: Not applicable
- Preamp EQ: Not applicable
- Feedback filter: Not applicable
- Tuner: Not applicable
- Headstock overlay: East Indian Rosewood
- Tuning machines: Nickel open gear
- Bridge: Ebony
- Saddle and nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: None
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.