- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Martin HD-35 Standard Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L40134 000001000 L40134000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
As a counterpart to the D-35, the HD-35 is a herringbone version, and like the D-35, this HD-35 Standard dreadnought features a three-piece back. The...Click To Read More About This Product
A blast from the past with volume-enhancing bracing and a modern neck profile for faster play.
As a counterpart to the D-35, the HD-35 is a herringbone version, and like the D-35, this HD-35 Standard dreadnought features a three-piece back. The sound, however, is completely different. The bracing pattern for the HD-35 utilizes the thinner 1/4” bracing pattern of the D-35; but, the braces are scalloped for extra tone and volume. Over the years, the HD-35 has become famous for its exceptional presence and volume, due to the lightly braced top allows the top to flex and vibrate much like a speaker. The HD-35 Standard is an extremely loud, driving guitar, with a lot of attitude.
Vintage Tone Meets Modern Playability
The HD-35 Standard dreadnought acoustic guitar now combines the thin 14” scalloped X bracing pattern with the vintage forward-shifted placement of the 1930’s X brace. This combination of the old and the new gives you a sound that will be sure to attract attention. Loud, punchy, and driving, you will never be drowned out by other instruments. And best of all, you can get the vintage tone of the 1930s combined with the playability of a modern guitar.
For improved playability, the neck has been changed to feature a modified low oval neck, with a Performing Artist taper and 1-3/4” nut. The wider string spacing and comfortable neck profile allow a player to move up and down the neck with ease. And unlike the more traditional acoustic guitars of the past, the HD-35 Standard Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar will have that vintage tone, with a feel that will be like that of an electric guitar.
Along with an amazing sound and feel, the HD-35 Standard Dreadnought acoustic guitar features a solid Sitka spruce top, solid East Indian rosewood back and sides, ebony bridge and fingerboard, hand-fit dovetail neck joint, nitrocellulose lacquer, classic herringbone inlay, antique white binding, aging toner.
Includes a hardshell case.
- Antique white binding
- Aging toner
- Forward-shifted 1/4" scalloped X bracing pattern
- 3-piece back
- Classic herringbone inlay
Enjoy the new twists in this old classic. Order today.
- Body type: Dreadnought
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: East Indian rosewood
- Bracing pattern: 1/2" forward-shifted, scalloped X bracing
- Body finish: All-gloss nitrocellulose
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Modern low oval/Performance Artist taper C
- Nut width: 1.75 in. (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck wood: Solid Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.4 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Brand: Not applicable
- Configuration: Not applicable
- Preamp EQ: Not applicable
- Feedback filter: Not applicable
- Tuner: Not applicable
- Headstock overlay: East Indian rosewood
- Tuning machines: Chrome enclosed gear
- Bridge: Ebony
- Saddle and nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.