Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Martin Special 28 Style Adirondack VTS Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar Naturaltrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Classic Martin acoustic guitar with rosewood back and sides, spruce top and ebony fingerboard and bridge.
Thanks to Martin's revolutionary Vintage Tone System (VTS), they've created a process to capture the look and sound of one of their older D-28 instruments and replicate in a new instrument, like this Martin Special 28 Style Adirondack VTS dreadnought acoustic.
What is Martin’s Vintage Tone System? It’s a proprietary temperature aging process that allows Martin to target the sound of their vintage acoustic guitars within a decade. It’s like a time machine taking your new guitar and aging it to sound vintage. Martin has honed this process by benchmarking some of the finest examples of their 185-year history, found in their Nazareth, PA museum. Once they reference a vintage top, the new top is aged to the correct moisture content and look of that period. This proprietary VTS process is unique to Martin and can only be found on custom, special and Authentic Martin models.
In the spirit of combining a modern feel with a vintage tone, the Special 28 Style Adirondack VTS dreadnought incorporates a premium grade of Adirondack spruce for the top that is temperature aged to sound like a guitar from the 1930s. The guitar is then braced with a standard 5/16" X bracing pattern to add just the right shade of color to the tone. Martin then combined this VTS top with an East Indian rosewood back and sides, and the playability of a new Special 28, to create a dreadnought guitar that has an extraordinary sound and feel. To recreate a vintage look, they add aging tone, antique white binding and a black pickguard. The Special 28 Style Adirondack VTS dreadnought has a clear, defined treble and midrange tone, with a very balanced, controlled bottom end.
- Spruce top, rosewood back and sides
- Ebony fingerboard and bridge, rosewood headstock overlay
- Gloss-finished body, satin-finished neck
Get the classic tone of a Martin. Order today.
Special 28 Style Adirondack VTS Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar Specifications:Body
- Body type: Dreadnought, non-cutaway
- Top wood: Spruce
- Back & sides: Rosewood
- Bracing pattern: Non-scalloped X-bracing
- Body finish: Gloss
- Neck shape: Low profile standard taper
- Nut width: 1.68"
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Scale length: 25.4"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Bridge: Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Bone
- Orientation: Right handed
- Number of strings: 6
- Country of origin: United States
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.