- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Martin X Series Special GPCPA5 Grand Performance Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- J28729 000001000 J28729000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Martin X Series Special GPCPA5 Grand Performance Acoustic-Electric Guitar combines that world-famous Martin sound with the contemporary playabili...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
As the name suggest, this one is built to perform with a sweet tonewod mix and Fishman electronics.
The Martin X Series Special GPCPA5 Grand Performance Acoustic-Electric Guitar combines that world-famous Martin sound with the contemporary playability of an electric guitar. Its unique body design blends a tight waist with a deep body. The end result is a tone that is well-defined, plus a massive amount of power and projection. Its solid Sitka spruce top is braced perfectly to give you a rich, full-bodied tone that is versatile enough for any musical situation. The body is rounded out with forest-friendly rosewood HPL back and sides to give you an attractive visual look.
The X Series Special GPCPA5 Grand Performance Acoustic-Electric Guitar features a very playable laminate birch neck, with a Performing Artist neck taper. This precision-cut neck has a fast FSC Certified Richlite fingerboard, and a 1-3⁄4 in. nut width, to give you the right amount of spacing between the strings. This guitar was crafted to be a "players dream," to give you easy access across the entire fingerboard.
Looking for electronics? The Martin X Series Special GPCPA5 Grand Performance Acoustic-Electric Guitar comes complete with an onboard Fishman Sonitone preamp. This soundhole-mounted-preamp features easy-to-use rotary controls for Volume and Tone. The controls are mounted conveniently under the soundhole for easy access while you are performing. All you have to do is plug in and play. You’ll have a studio-quality sound right out of the box.
- Body type: Grand Performance
- Cutaway: Single-cutaway
- Top wood: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back & sides: Rosewood HPL
- Bracing pattern: X
- Body finish: Hand-rubbed
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Performing Artist Profile
- Nut width: 1.75" (44.45mm)
- Fingerboard: Richlite FSC Certified
- Neck wood: Birch Laminate
- Scale length: 25.4"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Hand-rubbed
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Fishman
- Configuration: Soundhole mounted preamp
- Preamp EQ: No
- Feedback filter: No
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Rosewood HPL
- Tuning machines: Chrome Enclosed Gear
- Bridge: Richlite FSC Certified
- Saddle & nut: White Coriian, Compensated white tusq
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Tonewoods
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Mexico
Become part of the Martin family with this high-quality acoustic-electric today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.