- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Mitchell MS450 Shallow Body Single Cutaway Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #L57152 000001000 L57152000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Mitchell MS450 solidbody single-cutaway electric guitar is the ideal instrument for the advanced and/or advancing guitarist who wants to fill out...Click To Read More About This Product
The Mitchell MS450 solidbody single-cutaway electric guitar is the ideal instrument for the advanced and/or advancing guitarist who wants to fill out their collection with a stop-quality, feature-rich guitar for practice, rehearsals and gigging. They feature a thin profile, single cutaway design, mahogany body with flamed maple tops, and an easy-playing shallow-C mahogany set neck design. A unique heel joint provides supreme playing comfort and upper fret access. The MS450 Series includes dual humbucking paraffin-dipped alnico V pickups that reduce microphonics and unwanted feedback. Separate volume controls for each pickup let you blend as needed, while a pull coil-tap allows you to split either humbucking pickup into a single-coil. The flame maple binding and purfling further enhance the high-end look. High-ratio locking tuners provide precise tuning, while the jumbo frets and string-thru body design offer increased sustain and bite.
The MS450 Series is available in eight gorgeous finishes: Sunset Burst (SSB), Trans Black (BK), Aqua Burst (AB), Forest Green (FG), Honeyburst (HB), Trans Purple (TR) and Gold Metallic (GM).
Before delivery to our dealers, all Mitchell electric guitars receive a complete stateside setup and quality control inspection to ensure exceptional playability.
- Mahogany single cutaway body design with flame maple tops, and a mahogany set neck with rosewood fretboard
- H/H pickup configuration with paraffin-dipped alnico V pickups reduce microphonics and unwanted feedback
- Deep Bevel Cutaway (DBC) design allows for complete fretboard access
- Pull coil-tap function provides single-coil sounds from either humbucking pickup
- Shallow-C profile, slim-taper neck feels comfortable in any player’s hands
- High-ratio locking tuners and GraphTech™ TUSQ XL reduced-friction nut enhance tuning stability
- Traditional, adjustable TOM-style bridge and string-through body design for accurate intonation and solid tone
- High-tensile strength fretwire for durability and smooth playability
- Available in Sunset Burst (SSB), Trans Black (BK), Aqua Burst (AB), Forest Green (FG), Honeyburst (HB), Trans Purple (TR) and Gold Metallic (GM).
- Construction: Solidbody, Single-Cutaway
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Top wood: Flamed Maple
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Shape: 1960s Slim-Tapered
- Wood: Mahogany
- Neck joint: Set Neck
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Nut Width | 1.653 in. (42 mm)
- Truss rod: Two-way truss rod
- Finish: Gloss
- Material: Pau Ferro
- Radius: 12"
- Fret size: Jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Mitchell “Slash” w/Side Dots
- Nut material: GraphTech TUSQ XL
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Pickup Type: Alnico V w/Coil Tap
- Pickup configuration: H+H
- Control layout: 2 Volume + 2 Tone
- Pickup switch: 3-Way Toggle
- Coil tap or split: Yes (Volume Push/Pull)
- Bridge type: TOM-style
- Bridge design: Fixed bridge through body
- Tuning machines: High-ratio, die-cast, locking
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6
- Case: Sold separately
- Country of origin: China
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Our product catalog varies by country due to manufacturer restrictions. If you change the Ship-To country, some or all of the items in your cart may not ship to the new destination.