Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Schecter Guitar Research PT Electric Guitar Blacktrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Schecter Guitar Research PT Electric Guitar Black$599.00
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
One of Schecter's hottest from the early '80s is back.
The PT-Standard guitar has a creme bound alder body of traditional shape, bolt-on rock maple neck (25-1/2" scale), maple fingerboard with dot inlays. 2 tapped Duncan Designed Superock humbucker pickups lay down thick and meaty tones, or give you jangly single-coil sounds when tapped. The Schecter PT-Standard is one of the more versatile guitars around.
ROTOMATICS WITH 18:1 GEAR RATIO (102-18 SERIES) The original Rotomatic with an improved higher ratio gearing. The 18:1 ratio provides for finer tuning and greater stability. The finer gears provide smoother tuning and a higher degree of backlash elimination
Very bright and dense, Maple is highly reflective. When used on a fretboard, Maple encourages tremendous amounts of higher overtones and its tight, almost filtered away bass favors harmonics and variations in pick attack.
Schecter SuperRock II Pickups
Made with giant sized Alnico-V pole pieces give this pickup an aggressive midrange growl. The well balanced coil winding make this pickup perfect for a wide range of styles of music. Great vintage tone in Single coil mode when Push-Pull knob is pulled up.
Maple has a uniform grain, it' strong and stable, and it has less reaction from environmental changes than other hardwoods. Its tone is highly reflective, and focuses more energy onto the body wood. Maple transfers a bright tone to the body which complements the warm tones of a mahogany body
This Hardtail bridge is designed with a 'String Thru' body and Humbucker spacing for optimum sound.
- Body shape: Single cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body wood: Alder
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Thin C
- Neck wood: Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Truss rod: Single action
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Maple
- Radius: 14 in.
- Fret size: Extra-jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.653 in. (42 mm) nylon
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: Diamond SuperRock-II
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: Diamond SuperRock-II
- Brand: Schecter
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: Push/pull tone control
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: Coil tap
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: 6-saddle
- Tailpiece: String thru body
- Tuning machines: Grover
- Color: Black
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Body shape
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: South Korea
Looking for a tele-style guitar that rocks? Grab one of these!
- Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.