- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Strandberg Boden Plini Edition Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J52602 000001000 J52602000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Based in Sydney, Australia, Plini has taken the prog-metal genre to a new level of complexity and sophistication with his virtuosic command of the gu...Click To Read More About This Product
Simplicity, understated sophistication, and broad tonal range for the prog virtuoso.
Based in Sydney, Australia, Plini has taken the prog-metal genre to a new level of complexity and sophistication with his virtuosic command of the guitar and an advanced compositional style that draws from many genres of music – both traditional and modern. Taking their close working relationship to the next level, Plini and .strandberg* Guitars developed the new Boden ‘Plini Edition’ model that would cover all of his musical bases as well as his aesthetic tastes.
The Boden ‘Plini Edition’ features chambered Swamp Ash body with a Maple top for a superbly balanced and punchy sound with Australian Blackwood veneer top that Plini specifically specified in a nod to his home, roasted Maple neck with Ebony fretboard accented with his trademark moon inlay at the 12th fret, Suhr SSH+ and SSV pickups with a 3-way since he only uses those three sounds, one volume pot only since he never uses the tone knob, and the new EGS tremolo system.
Simply described as “sick” by Plini, the Boden ‘Plini Edition’ is an instrument that will inspire the serious rock guitarist to create inspiring new music. Includes gig bag and toolkit.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Semi-hollow or chambered body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Maple
- Body wood: Swamp Ash
- Body finish: Satin
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: EnduroNeck
- Neck wood: Roasted Maple with carbon fiber
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5 in. - 25 in.
- Truss rod: Dual-action
- Neck finish: Satin
- Material: Ebony
- Radius: 20 in.
- Fret size: Jescar Stainless steel
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.656 in. (42 mm)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: Suhr SSH+
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: Suhr SSV
- Brand: Strandberg
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: None
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: .strandberg* EGS Pro 4 Tremolo Bridge & String Locks
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Strandberg EGS
- Color: Black satin
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Electronics, Ergonomic design
- Case: Gig bag
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Indonesia
Lots to love here. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.