- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor 114ce Grand Auditorium Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #L56633 000001000 L56633000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Taylor's 100 Series, which now includes the 114ce Grand Auditorium acoustic-electric guitar, makes a great guitar-playing experience accessible to ev...Click To Read More About This Product
The reliability of Taylor craftsmanship and electronics at a budget-friendly price.
Taylor's 100 Series, which now includes the 114ce Grand Auditorium acoustic-electric guitar, makes a great guitar-playing experience accessible to everyone with these real wood instruments. For people taking the first or next step in their musical journey, these instruments promise to accelerate players' growth and enhance their enjoyment. Taylor's famous neck profile combined with a 1-11/16" nut width make it easy for developing players to form barre chords. The 114ce Grand Auditorium acoustic-electric guitar includes a durable, 600-denier nylon gig bag with double-stitched seams and reinforced stress points, built by Taylor for an optimal fit.
A Taylor original, the Grand Auditorium helped establish the Taylor acoustic sound. The popular body style makes for a versatile guitar that yields ample volume in response to light fingerpicking, and reacts to medium strumming and flatpicking with a clear, balanced sound across the tonal spectrum. If you want a great all-purpose guitar, the GA is an excellent choice.
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Sitka Spruce is the most prevalent guitar top wood of the modern era. It blends stiffness and elasticity in just the right proportions which translates into broad dynamic range with crisp articulation. The arched back of the guitar generates more sound from a small-bodied instrument, and using layered wood back and sides create a sturdy yet receptive platform for the vibrating string energy sent by the guitar's top. Layered wood is also less susceptible to changes in temperature and humidity, making it an excellent choice for players who travel with their instruments or simply require more durability.
Taylor's ES2 is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor’s ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor’s patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. Because the pickup doesn't sit under the saddle, the bottom of the saddle comes in full contact with the bridge, allowing all the nuance of the guitar's tone to come through clearly whether playing acoustically or plugged-in. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before while playing plugged-in. Together with Taylor’s custom-designed “professional audio”-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar. The Taylor Expression System 2 operates through a proprietary 9-volt battery compartment and easy-to-use volume, and active bass and treble controls.
The Taylor Difference
What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable and playable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco-conscious and ethically-sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
Experience the sound of a Taylor with this affordable option. Order today.
- Body type: Taylor Grand Auditorium
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back & sides: Layered Walnut
- Bracing pattern: Taylor Standard II Bracing (Forward Shift Pattern)
- Body finish: Satin Varnish
- Orientation: Right-Handed
- Neck shape: Standard Taylor Profile
- Nut width: 1-11/16" (42.8mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine African Ebony
- Neck wood: Hard Rock Maple
- Scale length: 25-1/2"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin Varnish
- Pickup/preamp: Expression System 2 Professional Audio-Grade
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-Saddle Transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: Volume, Active Bass and Treble
- Feedback filter: Onboard Phase Switch
- Tuner: None
- Headstock overlay: West African Ebony
- Tuning machines: Chrome Tuners with Chrome Buttons
- Bridge: West African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Micarta "Wave" Saddle; NuBone Nut
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: n/a
- Case: Deluxe Taylor Gig Bag
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Mexico
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.