- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor 214ce-BLK DLX Grand Auditorium Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L51680 000001000 L51680000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Taylor's 200 Deluxe Series, like the 214ce-BLK DLX Grand Auditorium acoustic-electric guitar, delivers all the essentials of a great guitar - exquisi...Click To Read More About This Product
All-black beauty with great tonewood combo for clear, balanced tone and high-quality Taylor electronics.
Taylor's 200 Deluxe Series, like the 214ce-BLK DLX Grand Auditorium acoustic-electric guitar, delivers all the essentials of a great guitar - exquisite playability, a full and articulate voice, impeccable intonation up the neck, and Taylor's top-of-the-line, professional-grade pickup - at a price that's within reach of many. This gloss black 214ce stunner strikes a sweet balance between tasteful design constraint and aesthetic variety, bringing Taylor's signature tonal clarity and playability into a stage-worthy mix of guitar options. Like all 200 Deluxe Series guitars, the 214ce-BLK DLX ships in a deluxe hardshell case made by Taylor for optimal fit and protection.
A Taylor original, the Grand Auditorium helped establish the Taylor acoustic sound. The popular body style makes for a versatile guitar that yields ample volume in response to light fingerpicking, and reacts to medium strumming and flatpicking with a clear, balanced sound across the tonal spectrum. If you want a great all-purpose guitar, the GA is an excellent choice.
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Sitka Spruce is the most prevalent guitar top wood of the modern era. It blends stiffness and elasticity in just the right proportions which translates into broad dynamic range with crisp articulation. Layered maple back and sides create a sturdy and complementary platform for the vibrating string energy sent by the guitar's top. Layered wood is less succeptible to changes in temperature and humidity, making it an excellent choice for players who travel with their instruments or simply require more durability.
Taylor's ES2 is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor’s ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor’s patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. Because the pickup doesn't sit under the saddle, the bottom of the saddle comes in full contact with the bridge, allowing all the nuance of the guitar's tone to come through clearly whether playing acousticly or plugged-in. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before while playing plugged-in. Together with Taylor’s custom-designed “professional audio”-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar. The Taylor Expression System 2 operates through a proprietary 9-volt battery compartment and easy-to-use volume, and active bass and treble controls.
The Taylor Difference
What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable and playable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco-conscious and ethically-sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
If you like what you see, order it today, and soon it'll be all yours.
- Body type: Grand Auditorium
- Cutaway: Venetian
- Top wood: Solid Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: Layered Maple
- Bracing pattern: Taylor Standard I Bracing (Forward Shifted Pattern)
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Taylor Standard Profile
- Nut width: 1.687" (42.8 mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine West African ebony
- Neck wood: Solid Hard rock maple
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-saddle transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: 2-band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Genuine West African ebony
- Tuning machines: Taylor Satin Black 18:1 with Satin black buttons
- Bridge: Genuine West African ebony
- Saddle and nut: Micarta "Wave"/NuBone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Mexico
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.