- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor Builder's Edition 652ce V-Class 12-String Grand Auditorium Acoustic-Electric Guitar
Wild Honey Burst
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L73579 000001000 L73579000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Taylor Builder’s Edition 652ce acoustic-electric is one of the latest models in master designer Andy Powers’ ultra-premium class of guitars. In d...Click To Read More About This Product
A compact cutaway Grand Concert acoustic-electric with figured maple back and sides and Sitka spruce top.
The Taylor Builder’s Edition 652ce acoustic-electric is one of the latest models in master designer Andy Powers’ ultra-premium class of guitars. In designing the models in his Builder’s Edition collection, Powers exercised full creative freedom, and we here at Musician’s Friend couldn’t be more excited about the four new models. The 652ce is the first 12-string model to join the Builder’s Edition collection. With its compact body, electric-guitar inspired contouring, shorter scale length and 12-fret neck, this Taylor acoustic-electric will appeal to electric players.
Compact body and Sleek ContouringWith the Builder’s Edition 652ce, Taylor once again levels up their reputation for crafting ultra-playable 12-string guitars. This model pairs big leaf maple with torrefied Sitka spruce for a model that will appeal to electric players. Features that electric players will find appealing include the compact Grand Concert body, sleek contouring such as the beveled cutaway and armrest, a shorter 24-7/8” scale length and 12-fret neck.
Reverse-strung Configuration for a True Electric FeelWhat electric players will find most attractive about the 652ce is its reverse-strung configuration. This reverse-strung orientation emphasizes the fundamental note, creating a slightly fuller, meatier 12-string sound. With double-mounted string anchoring, each string pairing shares the same bridge pinhole. This design creates a consistent break angle and produces a more even response. When you add in Taylor’s V-Class bracing, this guitar sounds clean and focused, incredibly in tune, and articulate in its low-end response.
Innovative Electronics and V-Class BracingThe 652ce is equipped with Taylor’s innovation Expression System 2 electronics. This pickup design features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. As the pickup isn’t designed to sit under the saddle, the bottom of the saddle comes in full contact with the bridge. This design allows for all the nuance of the guitar’s tone to come through clearly, whether you’re playing acoustically or plugged-in.
Topping off this incredibly sounding instrument is Taylor’s award-winning V-Class bracing system—a fundamental innovation in acoustic guitar design. V-Class bracing improves an acoustic guitar’s fundamental sound, creating better volume, sustain and intonation. Its architecture can also be modified and integrated with other design elements to create dramatically varying tonal flavors.
An Ultra-playable 12-string for the Electric PlayerWith the Builder’s Edition 652ce, the comfort, precision and utility of an electric guitar is brought into the organic, acoustic musical space. With its compact body and reverse-strung 12-string design, electric players will find this guitar to be comfortable, and a joy to play. It also amplifies well, powered by Taylor’s ES2 electronics, which makes it a super stage-friendly guitar.
More on the Builder’s EditionAndy Powers’ Builder’s Edition collection originally debuted in 2018 to introduce Taylor’s new V-Class bracing system. This line of Taylor acoustic-electric guitars offers the most player-friendly experience in both sound and feel. Taylor’s Builder’s Edition collection is essentially like Powers’ “director’s cut” version of a V-Class guitar. But with the Builder’s Edition models, Powers applies refined craftsmanship details not typically offered on standard Taylor models. All of this is done to ultimate elevate your playing experience when holding a Taylor.
- Solid figured big leaf maple back and sides with a solid torrefied Sitka spruce top that produces greater acoustic resonance and responsiveness
- 24-7/8" scale hard rock maple neck, genuine West African ebony fingerboard and bridge and a beveled cutaway for ultimate playing comfort
- Gotoh 21:1 antique gold tuners with gold buttons, Expression System 2 electronics for a clear and crisp tone, whether playing acoustically or plugged-in
- Silent Satin finish for a professional, stage-ready look
Plug this acoustic-electric in and you’re ready for the stage. Order today.
- Body type: Taylor Grand Concert
- Cutaway: Beveled Cutaway
- Top wood: Solid Torrified Sitka Spruce
- Back & sides: Solid Figured Big Leaf Maple
- Bracing pattern: Taylor V-Class Bracing with Relief Rout
- Body finish: Silent Satin Finish with Wild Honey Burst around the body and neck
- Orientation: Right-Handed
- Neck shape: Taylor Standard Profile
- Nut width: 1-7/8" (44.625 mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine West African Ebony
- Neck wood: Hard Rock Maple
- Scale length: 24-7/8"
- Number of frets: 18
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Expression System 2 Professional Audio-Grade
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-Saddle Transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: Volume, Active Bass and Treble
- Feedback filter: Onboard Phase Switch
- Tuner: None
- Headstock overlay: Genuine West African Ebony
- Tuning machines: Gotoh 21:1 Antique Gold Tuners with Gold Buttons
- Bridge: Genuine West African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Micarta Double-Compensated Saddle; Teflon-Infused Graphite Nut
- Number of strings: 12
- Special features: Beveled cutaway, beveled armrest, Curve Wing bridge with double-mounted string anchoring, reverse-strung setup, Gotoh tuners, Silent Satin finish
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hard Shell Case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: USA
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.