Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Taylor Builder's Edition 816ce Grand Symphony Acoustic-Electric Guitar Naturaltrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Shop by Serial Number:
Taylor Builder's Edition 816ce Grand Symphony Acoustic-Electric Guitar Natural
Frequently bought together
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Partial-cutaway Grand Symphony acoustic-electric with Indian rosewood back and sides and a Lutz spruce top
Capturing the Richness of Rosewood on the 816ceThe Builder's Edition 816ce is crafted with a Lutz spruce top and rosewood back and sides. When combined with Taylor's V-Class bracing, the Lutz spruce reveals a compelling side of rosewood. With its rootsy personality, the 816ce emphasizes a fundamental focus that responds to a player's attack, while capturing all of rosewood's classic richness.
A Revolutionary Soundport CutawayWhat sets the 816ce apart from the rest of the models in the 2020 Builder's Edition line is its revolutionary soundport cutaway. The cutaway is designed as a scoop in the treble-side shoulder of the guitar that houses an off-axis soundport. With its sloped position, and in tandem with V-Class bracing, the soundport cutaway produces a rich, high-fidelity voice with a unique acoustic dispersion pattern. When combined, these features give off a sound that's ultra-orchestral, giving true meaning to the Grand Symphony name.
Taylor's ES2 Electronics and V-Class Bracing SystemCompleting the Builder's Edition 816ce are Taylor's revolution Expression System 2 pickup design and innovative V-Class bracing system. The V-Class bracing system is actually the premium feature that originally brought the Builder's Edition line onto the market. At the heart of Taylor's ES2 electronics is its patented behind-the-saddle pickup. This pickup design features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. As the pickup isn’t designed to sit under the saddle, the bottom of the saddle comes in full contact with the bridge. This design allows for all the nuance of the guitar’s tone to come through clearly, whether you’re playing acoustically or plugged-in.
Topping off this incredibly sounding instrument is Taylor’s award-winning V-Class bracing system—a fundamental innovation in acoustic guitar design. V-Class bracing improves an acoustic guitar’s fundamental sound, creating better volume, sustain and intonation. Its architecture can also be modified and integrated with other design elements to create dramatically varying tonal flavors.
The Acoustic Guitar Equivalent of an Orchestral InstrumentOther premium details of this unique instrument include chamfered body and fretboard edges and Taylor's Curve Wing bridge for ultimate playing comfort. This acoustic-electric is also decked out with Gotoh tuners and a Silent Satin finish. Together, these elements work together to create an expansive, dynamic voice that radiates out as it disperses. With the Builder’s Edition 816ce, you’ll be able to fill a room with sound.
More on the Builder’s EditionAndy Powers’ Builder’s Edition collection originally debuted in 2018 to introduce Taylor’s new V-Class bracing system. This line of Taylor acoustic-electric guitars offers the most player-friendly experience in both sound and feel. Taylor’s Builder’s Edition collection is essentially like Powers’ “director’s cut” version of a V-Class guitar. But with the Builder’s Edition models, Powers applies refined craftsmanship details not typically offered on standard Taylor models. All of this is done to ultimate elevate your playing experience when holding a Taylor.
- Lutz spruce top voiced with Taylor's V-Class bracing reveals another compelling side of rosewood
- Shorter 24-7/8" scale tropical mahogany neck, genuine West African ebony fingerboard and bridge with chamfered body and fretboard edges and beveled armrest for ultimate playing comfort
- Gotoh 21:1 antique gold tuners with gold buttons, Expression System 2 electronics for a clear and crisp tone, whether playing acoustically or plugged-in
- Silent Satin finish for a professional, stage-ready look
A must-have for any guitar collection. Order today.
Builder's Edition 816ce Grand Symphony Acoustic-Electric Guitar Specifications:Body
- Body type: Taylor Grand Symphony
- Cutaway: Soundport Cutaway
- Top wood: Solid Lutz Spruce
- Back & sides: Solid Indian Rosewood
- Bracing pattern: Taylor V-Class Bracing with Relief Rout
- Body finish: Silent Satin Finish
- Orientation: Right-Handed
- Neck shape: Taylor Standard Profile
- Nut width: 1-3/4" (44.5 mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine West African Ebony
- Neck wood: Tropical Mahogany
- Scale length: 24-7/8"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Expression System 2 Professional Audio-Grade
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-Saddle Transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: Volume, Active Bass and Treble
- Feedback filter: Onboard Phase Switch
- Tuner: None
- Headstock overlay: Genuine West African Ebony
- Tuning machines: Gotoh 21:1 Antique Gold Tuners with Gold Buttons
- Bridge: Genuine West African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Micarta "Wave" Saddle; Teflon-Infused Graphite Nut
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: Beveled Armrest, chamfered body and fretboard edges, Silent Satin Finish, Curve Wing bridge, Gotoh 510 tuners
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hard Shell Case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: USA
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.