- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor Custom Grand Auditorium V-Class #11161 Figured AA-Grade Koa Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L51819 000001000 L51819000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
This Custom Taylor Grand Concert 12-String model was originally presented at the 2019 Namm show in Anaheim, California, where Taylor displays its mos...Click To Read More About This Product
One-off special with proprietary bracing and electronics, and the warmth and beauty of solid figured koa.
This Custom Taylor Grand Concert 12-String model was originally presented at the 2019 Namm show in Anaheim, California, where Taylor displays its most ornate, exotic and unique custom instruments. The special features of this all koa (body) instrument include: figured maple binding (body), an ebony backstrap, a custom rosette made of koa and mother-of-pearl, a bound soundhole, and bone bridge pins with abalone dots.
A Taylor original, the Grand Auditorium helped establish the Taylor acoustic sound. The popular body style makes for a versatile guitar that yields ample volume in response to light fingerpicking, and reacts to medium strumming and flatpicking with a clear, balanced sound across the tonal spectrum. If you want a great all-purpose guitar, the GA is an excellent choice.
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Think of the top as a speaker driver. It's also one reason why the soundboard bracing architecture is important - it helps orchestrate the movement of the top and the voice of the instrument. The back and sides help flavor the overall sound. Koa is a fairly dense tropical hardwood with a strong midrange focus similar to mahogany, with a bit of extra top-end brightness and chime. The more koa is played and has a chance to open up - especially when the back and sides are also solid koa - it promises to grow warmer and sweeter, especially in the midrange.
Taylor's ES2 is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor’s ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor’s patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. Because the pickup doesn't sit under the saddle, the bottom of the saddle comes in full contact with the bridge, allowing all the nuance of the guitar's tone to come through clearly whether playing acoustically or plugged-in. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before while playing plugged-in. Together with Taylor’s custom-designed “professional audio”-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar. The Taylor Expression System 2 operates through a proprietary 9-volt battery compartment and easy-to-use volume, and active bass and treble controls.
Taylor's V-Class bracing is a fundamental innovation in acoustic guitar design. It marks an important evolution beyond traditional X-bracing, introducing an entirely new platform for acoustic performance. It is essentially an "engine" that optimizes the response of an acoustic guitar in three key ways: by boosting volume, sustain, and by largely resolving the intonation issues that have long plagued acoustic guitars. V-Class bracing creates purer, more orderly notes that don't cancel each other out or sound "off". They have clearer, more consistent response, and the whole fretboard is brought into greater sonic alignment for a more musical playing/listening experience. Guitars with V-Class bracing are easier to tune; the pitch sounds purer and more solid, and electronic tuners can more easily locate notes for quick, precise tuning. Other benefits: harmonics ring more uniformly down the neck, notes are louder with more projection and sustain, and notes are more consistent, i.e., upper register notes don't get choked out or swallowed. Fewer "sour" sonic qualities exist with chords; a more agreeable relationship is created between notes as they ripen, bloom and decay.
The Taylor Difference
What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable, playable and serviceable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco-conscious and ethically-sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
Straight from the NAMM floor to your door. Order this cool custom Taylor today.
- Body type: Taylor Grand Auditorium
- Cutaway: Florentine
- Top wood: Solid Figured AA-Grade Koa
- Back & sides: Solid Figured AA-Grade Koa
- Bracing pattern: Taylor V-Class Bracing with Relief Rout
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right-Handed
- Neck shape: Taylor Standard Carve
- Nut width: 1-3/4" (44.5mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine West African Ebony
- Neck wood: Tropical Mahogany
- Scale length: 25-1/2"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Expression System 2 Professional Audio-Grade
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-Saddle Transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: Volume, Active Bass and Treble
- Feedback filter: Onboard Phase Switch
- Tuner: None
- Headstock overlay: West African Ebony
- Tuning machines: Gotoh Antique Gold 21:1 Ratio Tuners with Black Buttons
- Bridge: Genuine West African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Black Graphite Nut, Micarta Saddle
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: Clear pickguard included but not affixed to guitar
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hard Shell Case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.