- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor Custom Grand Symphony #11059 Solid Sinker Redwood and AA-Grade Rosewood Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L52168 000001000 L52168000001000
This Custom Taylor Grand Symphony model was originally presented at the 2019 NAMM show in Anaheim, California, where Taylor displays its most ornate,...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
One-off model from NAMM with top-notch redwood tonewood pairing and built with a performer in mind.
This Custom Taylor Grand Symphony model was originally presented at the 2019 NAMM show in Anaheim, California, where Taylor displays its most ornate, exotic and unique custom instruments. The special features of this sinker redwood/rosewood instrument include a beveled armrest, ebony binding on the body and soundhole, an ebony rosette, a custom peghead inlay made of mother-of-pearl and abalone, and an artfully-crafted Florentine cutaway.
Compared to the Taylor Grand Auditorium, the Grand Symphony has a bigger, rounder lower bout and slightly wider "waist" area, and the bigger soundboard (top) means more tonal output. Expect a meaty lower midrange and strong treble shimmer. A GS is best if you want a guitar with a robust low end, strong volume when strumming or flatpicking, and clear articulation in response to light fingerpicking attack.
Pairing a player favorite for its origins, sinker redwood soundboards are sliced from huge old-growth redwood logs reclaimed from the depths of Northern California rivers, where they’ve rested in many cases for more than a century. The tops typically display a rich spectrum of variegation, the result of colors uniquely imparted from silt and the mineral-rich water. The age and size of these trees translate into a tight grain with nice cross-grain stiffness, so it will tend to have a fairly bold response, with a brilliance complemented by warm overtones similar to cedar. In fact, it’s often characterized around the Taylor factory as "cedar on steroids." It's great for players who like the warm overtones of cedar with a little extra brightness and headroom. Rosewood produces the strongest bass response among the tonewoods commonly used for guitars, with a slightly scooped midrange. Rosewood's sweeping frequency range - deep lows that assert a throaty growl with sparkling highs - rings out with bell-like, high-fidelity clarity. It yields a full-range acoustic voice with complex overtones and extended sustain.
Taylor's ES2 is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor’s ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor’s patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. Because the pickup doesn't sit under the saddle, the bottom of the saddle comes in full contact with the bridge, allowing all the nuance of the guitar's tone to come through clearly whether playing acoustically or plugged-in. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before while playing plugged-in. Together with Taylor’s custom-designed “professional audio”-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar. The Taylor Expression System 2 operates through a proprietary 9-volt battery compartment and easy-to-use volume, and active bass and treble controls.
What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable, playable and serviceable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco-conscious and ethically-sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
- Body type: Taylor Grand Symphony
- Cutaway: Florentine
- Top wood: Solid Sinker Redwood
- Back & sides: Solid AA-Grade Rosewood
- Bracing pattern: Taylor Performance Bracing
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right-Handed
- Neck shape: Taylor V-Carve Profile
- Nut width: 1-3/4" (44.5mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine West African Striped Ebony
- Neck wood: Tropical Mahogany
- Scale length: 25-1/2"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Expression System 2 Professional Audio-Grade
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-Saddle Transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: Volume, Active Bass and Treble
- Feedback filter: Onboard Phase Switch
- Tuner: None
- Headstock overlay: Genuine West African Ebony
- Tuning machines: Taylor Black Tuners with Black Buttons
- Bridge: Genuine West African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Bone Nut, Micarta Saddle
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: Beveled Armrest
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Straight from the NAMM floor to your door. Order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.