- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Yamaha APX500III Thinline Cutaway Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J12426 000004000 J12426000004000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Yamaha APX500III Thinline Cutaway Acoustic-Electric Guitar combines incredible comfort, easy top-fret access and a sound perfectly suited to on-s...Click To Read More About This Product
Easy to play and easy to own with stage-ready electronics.
The Yamaha APX500III Thinline Cutaway Acoustic-Electric Guitar combines incredible comfort, easy top-fret access and a sound perfectly suited to on-stage use with bright, clear mids, balanced highs and controlled lows. Specially designed non-scalloped X-type bracing allows the guitar's top to sing and maximizes the resonance of the unique body shape for a full, natural tone. With dynamics, sensitivity and clarity built into the design from day one, APX is a guitar not to be underestimated.
Body depth and Bracing pattern
The APX's thin-line body offers incredible comfort, top-fret access, and a sound perfect for on-stage use. Specially designed non-scalloped X-type bracing maximizes body resonance for full, natural tone. Their wide dynamic range, excellent sensitivity, and outstanding clarity make them impressive performers.
APX Soundhole: Oval
The instantly recognizable APX soundhole thickens lower-mid response and gives a more strident, open low end.
Electric System: System 66
System 66 features an under-saddle piezo pickup developed by Yamaha. Controls include a 3-band equalizer, an adjustable mid-range frequency control, and a precision chromatic tuner for optimum sound tailoring. The system is powered by easy to obtain AA-size batteries that provide a stable power supply for improved sound quality.
- Body type: Other
- Cutaway: Single cutaway
- Top wood: Spruce
- Back & sides: Nato/okume
- Bracing pattern: Non scalloped X-type
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Not specified
- Nut width: 1.69" (43mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Neck wood: Nato
- Scale length: 25.6"
- Number of frets: 22
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Yamaha
- Configuration: Undersaddle piezo
- Preamp EQ: 3-band
- Feedback filter: No
- Tuner: Yes
- Headstock overlay: Rosewood
- Tuning machines: Die-cast
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Saddle & nut: Other
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Thinline body
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: China
Grab an affordable acoustic-electric from a brand you can trust. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.