Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Sequencing and drum programming combined with extensive sampling in one extremely powerful desktop unit.
The 300,000 note sequencer boasts 960ppq resolution and a sequence data clipboard you can use to create a phrase library. You get both pattern-based and linear sequencing with the capability to run a pattern-based sequence and a linear sequence simultaneously. The large LCD also allows an unprecedented view of sequence data showing data as a piano roll or as a drum machine 'grid'. Continuous MIDI data can also be shown and edited graphically.
The MPC4000 Plus includes Keygroup support like Akai's rackmount samplers so you can play multisample piano, bass, strings, and synth sounds from a keyboard in addition to conventional drum programs. You get lots of sample-manipulation functionality including looping, time-stretching, pitch-shifting, slicing, and dicing. Sample recording can be performed even while the sequencer is running--from the inputs or from the internal CD drive--and you can also resample the output.
Realtime control is provided by 2-note variation sliders and 4 Q-Link knobs. Each can be separately assigned for flexible performance control. You can manipulate a wide variety of selectable parameters including level, pan, filter cut-off and resonance, effect send, tuning, and more. Each assignable Q-Link knob can generate MIDI controller data so that all performance information can be recorded and played back within a sequence.
Four internal effects processors can be used simultaneously, including a wide range of effects algorithms, such as reverbs, delays, chorus, phasers, flangers, 3-band parametric EQ, compressor/limiter, distortion, pitch shifter, wah, and more. You also get 6-pole digital dynamic filtering with triple filter combinations, a 64-point assignable program modulation matrix with more than 30 assignable modulations, 3 independent envelope generators, 2 syncable LFOs, and the ability to assign one source to multiple destinations.
There are 2 MIDI ins and 4 MIDI outs enabling 64 external MIDI channels. You can export MIDI and WAV files through the USB port. It comes with a standard 272MB of onboard memory that can be expanded up to 512 MB of RAM using a standard DIMM. It is equipped with an internal 80GB hard drive and CDRW drive. You get XLR and 1/4" stereo analog I/O, 24bit/96kHz AD/DA converters, phono inputs with RIAA preamp, 50pin SCSI interface, 2 USB ports (slave/host), 10 analog outputs, WordClock input, 2 assignable footswitch inputs, and sync to MIDI clock, MTC, MMC and built-in SMPTE. The MPC4000 Plus is compatible with Akai, Roland and EMU CD-ROM libraries, both programs and samples.
- Sampling engine with a high-performance Intel CPU
- 24-bit audio resolution with sample rates up to 96kHz
- 64-voices (32 voices at 96kHz sample rate)
- 128 track, 300,000 note sequencer
- 16 velocity and pressure sensitive pads
- 4 levels of velocity sensitivity
- 6 pad banks provide quick access to up to 96 different sounds
- Large 320 x 240, multi-angle graphic LCD
- Graphical sequence event editing
- Graphic editing of sample waveforms
- 4-channel 56-bit effects processor
- 4 Q-Linkª knobs and 2 note variation sliders for realtime performance control
- Realtime control of filter cutoff, resonance, pitch, LFO rate and depth - and more
- 36 filter types with up to 3 simultaneous filters per voice
- Dual independent LFOs with MIDI clock sync
- Compatibility with Z-Series and S-Series files
- Balanced stereo XLR-1/4-inch TRS combo inputs with reference-grade preamp
- 2 MIDI in, 4 MIDI out ports
- Phono inputs with RIAA preamp
- USB host port
- USB slave port
- ak.Sys Network and Control System software
- Internal 80GB IDE hard drive plus external SCSI connection
- FAT32 disk format is fully compatible with S5000, S6000, Z4, Z8 and most PCs
- 272MB memory, expandable to 512MB
- Memory meters display remaining free sampler memory, sequence memory, and CPU memory
- Sample rate converter on the digital input to eliminate rate-matching problems
- Native WAV sample format
- ak.Sys Control & Networking software enables Mac and PC connection via onboard USB interface
- 2 assignable footswitch inputs
- SMPTE I/O
- Word Clock input for sync with external digital devices (optional)
- 20-3/4"W x 6-5/8"H x 17-13/16"D with LCD tilted down
- 23 lbs.
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.