Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Earthquaker Devices Afterneath Eurorack Moduletrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Earthquaker Devices Afterneath Eurorack Module$249.00
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Everything you love about the pedal—plus much more—in a Eurorack format for your modular synth rig.
The Afterneath Module builds upon the EarthQuaker Afterneath pedal with the addition of voltage control over the Diffuse, Length and Drag controls. They have also added an entirely new voltage-controlled Mode parameter that changes how the Drag responds to knob and CV changes. When adjusting the Drag via the knob or CV, you will notice a change in character, fidelity and decay length of the effect. There is also a noticeable change in pitch for the sound that is in the Afterneath’s buffer. As with the Afterneath pedal, high settings of the Reflect and Length controls result in self-oscillation, where the pitch of the oscillation is set by the Drag control.
There are nine modes that govern the behavior of the Drag control and its effect on the pitch of the sound in the buffer:
- Unquantized: Smooth, unquantized response over entire range of Drag parameter
- Unquantized with Slew: Smooth, unquantized response over the entire operating range but with a musical slew similar to turning the varispeed knob on a vintage British tape delay—the “Drag” will lag behind the knob or CV changes but then quickly catch up
- Unquantized Volt/Octave: Smooth and unquantized, yet scaled to align with the 1V/octave curve to allow melodic modulation of audio in the buffer, or control the frequency of self-oscillation like a voltage-controlled oscillator
- Chromatic Scale – Quantized to 1V/octave—jumps to intervals within Chromatic scale
- Major Scale: Quantized to 1V/octave— jumps to intervals within Major scale
- Minor Scale: Quantized to 1V/octave—jumps to intervals within Minor scale
- Pentatonic Scale: Quantized to 1V/octave— jumps to intervals within Pentatonic scale
- Octaves and Fifths: Quantized to 1V/octave—jumps to octaves and fifths of original pitch
- Octaves: Quantized to 1V/octave, so that it jumps to octaves of the original pitch
Beyond modulated delay and reverb effects, modes 3–9 extend the possibility of using the EarthQuaker Afterneath Module as a voltage-controlled oscillator. Another new feature in the Afterneath Module is a Dry Kill switch that allows access to a 100% wet signal. This is perfect when you are using the module as an effect send from your mixer or DAW.
Last, but certainly not least, EarthQuaker added a Reflect Send and Reflect Return jack. This not only allows external processing of the Afterneath’s Reflect feedback path, but also gives the user access to a phenomenal pseudo-stereo effect. In addition to patching from the main output, you can also patch from Reflect Send jack (For example, using the main audio output as your left channel, and the Reflect Send as your right channel). This provides a wide, immersive, ambient stereo image. This is a great trick for when using the module as an effects send for your favorite modular, mixer or DAW. Additionally, the Reflect Return jack can be used as an additional audio input. The Reflect knob will act as an attenuator for any signal that is patched into the Reflect jack.
- Same otherworldly reverb algorithm built from an adjustable cluster of short delays in a 16HP Eurorack format
- Ranges from scattered individual delays to an immersive wash of atmospheric reverb
- New voltage control over the Drag parameter with 9 unique modes of user-selectable sweep: Unquantized, Unquantized with Slew, Unquantized Volt/Octave, Chromatic, Major, Minor, Pentatonic, Octaves & Fifths, Octaves
- Features audio send and return for the Reflect feedback path
- Drag, Mode, Diffuse and Length parameters are controllable via CV, each with dedicated inverting attenuators
- Features Dry Kill switch to eliminate the dry signal from the output, leaving only the wet signal
- Capable of pseudo-stereo operation by using the Reflect Send as an additional output
- All analog dry signal path and a totally digital effect signal path
Order today to bring otherworldly sounds to your rig.
Afterneath Eurorack Module Specifications:
- Power: Standard 10-pin Eurorack power connector with marking to notate negative pins
- Current Draw: 95 mA from the +12v rail, 0 mA from both the -12v and +5v rails
- Input: Capable of handling input signals ranging from instrument-level to modular-level, depending on the setting of the Input knob
- Width: 16HP
- Max Depth: 1.24" (31.75 mm)
- Boxed dimensions: 5.5" x 4.25" x 3.25"
- Out-of-box dimensions: 5" x 3.25" x 1.75"
- Weight: 0.75 lbs
- Lifetime warranty
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.